JOB TITLE: Assembler
JOB TYPE: Assembly
Under the supervision of the Assembly Supervisor and/or the Group Leader, the Assembler is responsible for operating and maintaining assembly equipment in a safe and efficient manner to achieve the quality and production standards of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assemble light agricultural units according to prints by properly using various hand and power tools, i.e. electric and air powered drills, wrenches, grinders, nail/staple gun, paint gun, overhead crane, drill press, band saw, pallet jack, etc.
- Perform all other assembly tasks such as: hydraulic installation, wiring, grinding, brake systems, touch up painting, labeling, plasma and weld as required to complete job assignment.
- Trouble shoot hydraulic, electric and brake systems as required and check blueprint with parts.
- Test package, crate, and/or prepare finished goods for shipment and/or removal to proper locations.. May drive hi-lo to load and unload trucks placing material in correct locations.
- Perform all housekeeping duties.
- Follow company safety practices and procedures to provide a safe work environment for all employees.
- Perform all other duties, as required, to meet customer and company quality and productivity needs.
- To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The accountabilities with asterisks above are considered essential functions of the position.
- Frequent lifting up to 50 pounds, bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling can be expected.
- Long periods of standing and walking may also be expected in this position.
- Exposure to typical manufacturing areas is required and will require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety shoes, safety glasses and mandatory hearing protection.
- Manual dexterity and mobility to move within plant/area as assigned.
- Exposure to climate conditions must be able to withstand periods of heat and cold.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High School diploma or equivalent. Requires advance knowledge of hydraulic, electric system, highly skilled in the use of all hand tools, electric, and air power along with some skills in wire feed welder and plasma. Ability to interpret blueprints and measuring devices.