TRS Staffing is seeking an HR Specialist to join their client’s team of professionals in Greenville, SC. This individual will need to oversee the hiring process, which includes coordinating job posts, reviewing resumes, and performing reference checks as well as prepare and update employment records related to hiring, transferring, promoting, and terminating.
Job Title: HR Specialist
Location: Greenville, SC
Schedule: 1st shift – Full Time M-F (Flex hours: 8-5, or 7-4, or 9-6)
Status of Hire: full time, direct hire
Industry: Manufacturing (non-automotive)
• Explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, and standards to new and existing employees.
• Ensure new hire paperwork is completed and processed.
• Manage employee compensation package.
• Manage health insurance programs.
• Manage payroll and timesheet processing.
• Oversee company government compliance.
• Encourage a positive work environment and culture.
• Plan and organize all company sponsored events and company volunteer events.
• Assist with any employment relations issues, such as work complaints and employee grievances
Skills and Requirements:
• Experience in Human Resources - preferably 2+ years
• Experience in Microsoft excel or spreadsheets
• Project management skills
• Strong organization and time management skills
• High level of attention to detail
• Knowledge of labor legislation and payroll processes.
• Solid problem-solving and team management skills.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Critical thinking skills.
• Sound judgement and excellent decision making skills.
**Must be authorized to work in the US regardless of visa transfer or sponsorship.
**Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, physical, and background check to be eligible for hire.
**Local candidates only