DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Perform planning and design work in support of new projects. Specific deliverables are expected
- Engineering studies and alternatives analyses;
- Functional requirements documents;
- Functional design criteria;
- Pre-conceptual and conceptual designs/concept sketches;
- Procurement specifications;
- Statements of work for detailed engineering designs;
- Initial project schedule development for engineering deliverables.
The above list is provided to demonstrate examples of expected deliverables and should not be
considered to be all-inclusive.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Civil, or Nuclear Engineering;
- Minimum of 5-years’ engineering experience in complex facilities, operations, and projects;
- High degree of organization and planning ability;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work as an individual contributor or as part of a multi-function team.
- Experience with hydraulic and fluid flow calculations including those required for pump and line sizing
- Experience in municipal wastewater and water treatment facility designs and maintenance.
- Documented experience in early project stages engineering planning, studies, alternatives
analyses, and design work;
- Previous experience reviewing complex engineering designs and providing constructive input;
- Previous experience with Hanford Site engineering procedures and processes;
- Previous experience with on-location support to Hanford site facilities and project
Subcontractor will be collocated with the Water & Sewer Utilities Engineering Staff in the 200E
Area. Building access will be provided to applicable buildings.