We PROVIDE STATE OF THE ART AND INTEGRATED AUTOMATION AND CONTROL SOLUTIONS FOR INDUSTRIAL AND MANUFACTURING APPLICATIONS. DUE TO CONTINUED GROWTH, WE HAVE AN IMMEDIATE NEED FOR AN AUTOMATION ENGINEER WITH EXPERIENCE IN DESIGNING, IMPLEMENTING, AND SUPPORTING CONTROL SYSTEMS.
RESPONSIBILITIES - AUTOMATION ENGINEER
- SPECIFY AUTOMATION AND ELECTRICAL COMPONENTS AND SOFTWARE TO MEET CUSTOMER SPECIFICATIONS, APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS, AND INDUSTRIAL STANDARDS
- DESIGN AND CONFIGURE PLC PROGRAMS TO RESOLVE COMPLEX CONTROLS ISSUES OR OPTIMIZE PERFORMANCE
- AUTOMATION ENGINEER WILL SUPPORT COMMISSIONING AND STARTUP OF CONTROLS PACKAGES WITH ABILITY TO IDENTIFY AND RESOLVE ELECTRICAL, MECHANICAL, AND SOFTWARE ISSUES
- PROVIDE ON-SITE AND REMOTE SUPPORT FOR INSTALLED SYSTEMS REQUIRING TECHNICAL SERVICE ASSISTANCE, TROUBLESHOOTING, AND REPAIRS
- DETERMINE ROOT CAUSE OF ELECTRICAL, MECHANICAL, AND SOFTWARE FAILURES AND IMPLEMENT SOLUTIONS TO PREVENT RECURRENCE
- AUTOMATION ENGINEER WILL ORGANIZE AND MAINTAIN PROJECT FILES
- WORK WITH PROJECT MANAGERS AND OPERATIONS MANAGER TO SCHEDULE AND PRIORITIZE TASKS
- AS/BS IN ENGINEERING OR ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY OR DEMONSTRATED EXPERIENCE IN INDUSTRY
- EXPERIENCE WITH ALLEN-BRADLEY, SIEMENS, Client, MODICON, OMRON, OR OTHER PLC PLATFORMS
- EXPERIENCE WITH FACTORYTALK VIEW, WINCC, IFIX, CIMPLICITY, WONDERWARE, OR OTHER HMI PRODUCTS
- EXPERIENCE WITH AC DRIVES, DC DRIVES, MOTION CONTROL, ROBOTICS, OR MACHINE VISION A PLUS
- FUNCTIONAL SAFETY EXPERIENCE OR CERTIFICATION A PLUS
- ABILITY TO COORDINATE MULTIPLE TASKS IN A FAST-PACED ENVIRONMENT
- FIELD SERVICE OVERTIME ELIGIBILITY
- PERFORMANCE-BASED BONUS ELIGIBILITY
- REFERRAL BONUSES
- 401(K) PLAN W/COMPANY MATCH UP TO 4%
- SHARED COST MEDICAL INSURANCE
- COMPANY-PAID DENTAL, VISION, LIFE, SHORT-TERM DISABILITY, AND AD&D INSURANCE
- COMPANY-PROVIDED CLOTHING AND SAFETY GEAR
- TUITION REIMBURSEMENT
- TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- CAREER GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
- SOCIAL AND CHARITABLE ACTIVITIES
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, INCLUDING DISABLED AND VETERANS.
Apply for this position
Are you interested in starting or furthering a rewarding and exciting career in the control system automation field with a growing company? We're hiring!
We're committed to employing the most talented and hard-working individuals in the industry. We know we wouldn't be where we are today without them, and consider our team members our most important asset.
We provide excellent benefits, training and educational opportunities, and promote from within the company. Every team member is provided continuous training opportunities to further their knowledge, skills, and career. Working with us is more than just a job; it's a great career, and a rewarding one at that.
OUR TEAM MEMBERS ARE MORE THAN JUST EMPLOYEES, THEY'RE FAMILY.
WHERE WE WORK
Our work is primarily located in northern Illinois and northwestern Indiana, but new opportunities with our clients continues to create new projects across the country, and the globe! We work in a variety of manufacturing, industrial, and commercial environments.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
We offer our team members a comprehensive employment package that includes:
CAREER GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
- Annual performance reviews
- Open door policy
MULTIPLE TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- Foreman's Academy
- Leadership Training Program
- Hands-on Controls and Instrumentation Training
- Full-time in-house training director
- Tuition reimbursement
STRONG SAFETY CULTURE WITH TRAINING
We operate in some of the most challenging industrial settings, and maintain rigorous safety standards to ensure a safe working environment for our team.
- Company provided FR clothing
- Company provided safety gear – harness, lanyard, arc flash gear, and more
- Safety boot and prescription safety glasses allowance
- Performance based bonus eligibility
- Eligible over-time pay after 8 hours
- Eligible double time pay on Sundays
- Travel jobs are available, if interested
- 401(k) plan with company match up to 4%
- Paid sick time
- Paid vacation time
- Referral bonuses up to $2,500
- Annual scrap metal bonus eligibility
ELIGIBILITY FOR HEALTH BENEFITS, INCLUDING:
- Medical insurance – shared cost
- Company paid dental insurance
- Company paid vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and AD&D insurance
- Company paid short term disability insurance
- Optional life insurance for you, your spouse, and children
- Optional long term disability insurance
SOCIAL AND CHARITABLE ACTIVITIES
- Holiday Party, BBQs, fun all-hands meetings, golf outings, contests, etc.
- Make-A-Wish Foundation, Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA), and others