At Royal Electric, we provide expert electric design, construction, and service with builders, contractors, and facility owners who value relationships, trust, expertise, and a commitment to achieving exceptional results.
We sustain this through our linking values of expertise, collaboration, integrity, passion, and loyalty. These values support our core purpose; to build great relationships, one project at a time!
We have a current opening for a Contracts Manager at our Sacramento, CA office.
The Contracts Manager will report directly to the President/CEO and oversees the contract management process including meeting standards for bidding and submission, contract negotiations, and document management. The position requires close collaboration and communication with customers, subcontractors, vendors, estimating, project teams, and support operations.
Success in the position is achieved through the following key results:
- Ensure the Estimating Department meets all contractual obligations for a responsible bid.
- Timely and final review of all draft contract agreements, bid forms and necessary documentation, including Addenda and Bid Bonds.
- Ensure good faith efforts are performed as required.
- Perform subcontractor outreach and gather subcontractor compliance documents.
- Negotiate all contracts with our customers resulting in a positive impact for our Customers and our Project Teams.
- Timely review and propose edits to new agreements. Negotiate terms that protect Royal and incorporate our proposal terms and conditions.
- Review pe-negotiated edits on contracts from existing clients.
- Ensure compliance with submission of all contract documents.
- Retain, track and organizes the flow of change order documents throughout the project.
- Negotiate all contracts with our subcontractors and vendors resulting in a positive impact for them and our Project Teams.
- Create subcontract and subcontract purchase order templates.
- Work closely with project teams to issue subcontracts in a timely manner.
- Ensure contracts department retains, tracks and organizes all contractual documents with our subs.
- Proactive collection of outstanding documents needed to pay subcontractors as we receive payment.
- Build relationships internally and externally that promote a positive experience with the Contracts Department
- 5+ years of related transactional experience required. (Prior in-house experience strongly preferred).
- Knowledge in the field of contract negotiation.
- Understanding of business law and contract law
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal including interfacing with senior level staff members, clients, and subcontractors.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and possess strong computer skills.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills and critical thinking skills.
- Able to work independently but have a clear understanding of risk involved and to solicit management’s involvement if required.
- Understanding of the appropriate sense of urgency in a deadline-driven environment.
We are an EEO/AAP Employer: Veterans, women & minorities encouraged to apply.
We promote a drug free workplace.
We utilize E-Verify to confirm work authorization with both the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security.