Install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes. May install or service street lights, intercom systems, or electrical control systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain current electrician's license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using hand tools or power tools.
- Assemble, install, test, or maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, or fixtures, using hand tools or power tools.
- Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment, such as oscilloscopes, ammeters, or test lamps.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Direct or train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Must be able to communicate, speak, read, write and understand English.
- Maintain regular attendance and timeliness on a consistent basis.
- Conduct business and interactions with a positive attitude that projects a high level of professionalism.
- Perform other duties as assigned.