Company: TEi Construction Services Inc
Job Title: Team Leader – Mechanical Services (MS)
Reports To: Service Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Amount of Travel Required: 75%+
Work Schedule: Varying schedule
Positions Supervised: Hourly technicians and craft labor
***Location Note: This position does not have a home shop and will travel to the job site. Applicants can be based out of Greenville/Duncan/Upstate of South Carolina, Charlotte area, or Western North Carolina. ***
The Team Leader - MS is directly responsible for providing supervision of all the hourly personnel assigned to a mechanical services project. The Team Leader is responsible for ensuring the project is completed as per the contractual requirements and that it done in the safest possible manner. They will work with the Service Manager to ensure that their jobs are staffed correctly. The Team Leader will manage all aspects of the project they are assigned to, including time keeping, project documentation, and tools and equipment. The Team Leader will report directly to the Service Manager
This position has a varying work schedule which may change from week to week. Weekend travel may be required to support client activities. The identified candidate will need to have capability to fluctuate work schedules.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions Essential Responsibilities:
- Work directly with client personnel on site to ensure project and personnel safety.
- Directly supervise craft personnel.
- Manages personnel such that all projects are adequately manned and contractual obligations are met.
- Ensures all project documentation is completed.
- Provides project status to Service Manager; communicates challenges and recommends corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Communicates issues or potential issues to the Service Manager in a timely fashion.
Job Requirements / Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Sound understanding of execution of mechanical services projects.
- Technical knowledge of industrial equipment in various applications and industries.
- Ability to read and understand drawings and equipment manuals.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment; capable of identifying when priority adjustments are necessary and conducting those adjustments with the least amount of impact to the project.
- Strong communication skills.
Skills and Abilities
- Education: High School Graduate or GED; B.S. Degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred
- Experience: 1-5 years in construction, equipment maintenance, project management, or related
- Required Language: English
- Computer Skills: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Certificates & Licenses: None required