At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
- Is responsible for performing operations involving the accurate weighing and mixing of raw materials used for making all products which includes liquids, creams, and lotions in order to meet production schedules.
- Able to operate all pumps, tanks, mixers and all associated equipment related to processing.
- Is responsible for correct hose hookups and operation of control panels.
- Under the direction and monitoring of department supervisor is responsible for the training of a replacement Process Operator.
- Is responsible for assembly of raw materials and accurate introduction of raw materials into mixers.
- Must be able to read and follow formula directions shown in the Manufacturing Instructions, take proper samples for quality control, maintain accurate batching records, written and electronic, as required by management (i.e. cGMP and ISO procedures).
Duties - cont'd
- Must be certain that mixers, measuring utensils and storage tanks are thoroughly emptied, cleaned and documented as such, when changing from one product to another.
- Must exercise extreme caution in order to not damage other material or property while operating moving equipment and must at all times exercise extreme caution for the safety of other employees.
- Must be certain that all openings and closing devices and related equipment are properly secured, and all machine guards in place and lock out/tag out procedures followed.
- Is responsible for keeping equipment and surrounding work area clean at all times.
- Responsible for relief duties of Tank Court Attendant, as required.
- Is responsible for marking containers of hazardous waste, such as hazardous off-spec product or obsolete raw materials, etc., as “Hazardous Waste”.
- Performs other duties as directed by Lead or supervisor.
- Performs necessary quality and inventory control data gathering and input in either written or electronic formats.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, good communication and interpersonal skills.
Specific Job Requirements
- Pneumatic and electric pumps, steam and piping valves, scales, hoist, pickers, mixers, air pallet, material handling equipment, gas/alectric forklifts and primemovers.
- Knowledge of processing machinery, PC’s and cGMP’s, desirable.
- Organize and assemble raw materials required in processing. Charging of drummed, bagged or bulk raw materials into processing tanks. Weighing of raw materials, monitoring of process temperatures, agitation, etc.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions, safety warning labels, and machine instruction manuals.
- Basic writing skills. Good math skills, knowledge of metric measures.
- Capable of wearing required personal protective equipment. Knowledge of pumps, valves and piping desirable.
- Able to read scales, tape measures, gages, thermometers and other process control equipment. Able to wear respirator and other personal protective equipment, as required
$22.06 per hour
STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.