Casey Industrial provides multi-craft process installations across the continental USA in the Power Generation, Industrial, and Biofuels markets. We are well-known for providing cost-effective, complete, and timely installations constructed in a collaborative relationship with clients who value our unwavering focus on safe work and quality work practices. Casey Industrial, founded in 1947, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MasTec, Inc., a publicly-traded, minority-controlled corporation. With its global infrastructure, MasTec, Inc. serves a variety of markets, including Power Generation, Oil & Gas, Transmission and Distribution, Renewable Energy, and Telecommunications.
At Casey Industrial, we are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the best talent. No matter your role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to our success as we deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Operates lifting equipment. May be required to oversee rigging operations on assigned crane.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Operate mobile crane and move materials to various locations in a safe and effective manner.
· Participate in all lift planning as required.
· Inspect, rig, and ensure that rigging applications and/or attachments are configured in accordance with the load chart and manufacturer guidelines, prior to lifting loads.
· Properly calculate lifting capacities, deductions, and center of gravities.
· Inspect, clean, and perform operator level maintenance on equipment in accordance with Manufactures recommendations and Casey company and project recommendations.
· Closely interact with the installation crews for movement of materials and equipment.
· Perform daily safety checks to ensure equipment is in safe operating condition.
· Follow related safety regulations, OSHA Rules, contract requirements, company policies, and operating procedures.
· Complete necessary documentation, reporting, and limited office duties.
· Fully Understand Plant North and drawing coordinates.
· Work under production schedule pressure.
· Attain set standards of accuracy.
· Must have the ability to take direction from a higher skilled worker or foreman.
· Must have basic knowledge of the construction processes involved in heavy industrial construction.
· Support project with other tasks as directed by supervision.
· May be required to assist in activities and help other crews with tasks not related to operating a crane.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Minimum five (5) years of verifiable experience operating cranes
· Equipment Operator training and certificate from National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO), NCCER, or from an approved 3 Party certification body.
· Each employee Must provide Safety Toe Boots.
· Up to Date DOT Physical.
· Ability to obtain, through evaluation, the certification to operate project site mobile cranes.
· Each employee must provide Safety Toe Boots.
· Follow all state, company, client, OSHA, and federal guidelines regarding health and safety.
· Each employee is to practice and maintain good “House Keeping” by cleaning up their work area and jobsite after each task.
· Knowledge of equipment safety, maintenance, and storage.
· Knowledge of manufactures load charts and how to interpret.
· Analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work with limited supervision.
· Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently in order to understand equipment load charts, prepare written orders, read safety topics, etc.
· Additional knowledge and skill requirements may vary by assignment.
· Work up to a 12-hour shift doing hard physical work in varying temperatures and outside conditions.
· May need to maintain physical strength and stamina; Use arms, hands, and legs fully; Push, pull, and lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds; and stoop, kneel, balance, reach, crouch, crawl, bend, and climb to perform Job tasks.
· Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; safety toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.)
· Move in and around confined, cluttered and uneven areas.
· May need to climb and maintain balance on steel/wood framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds.
· May need to work at heights and must be able to abide by all safety and fall-protection requirements; must be able to wear and utilize all safety equipment required for work at heights.
· Must see well (natural or with correction.)
· Maintain physical strength and stamina; Use arms, hands, and legs fully; Push, pull, and frequently lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds; and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb.
· Physically, workers must be able to: Keep good balance and work at heights.
· See well (either naturally or with correction).
· Coordinate the use of eyes, hands, and feet.
· Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures.
· Visualize objects in three dimensions from drawings.
· Evaluate information based on measurable standards; and see details in objects or drawings and recognize slight differences in shapes and shadings.
This position is a Full-Time position scheduled to work typically 50 hours per week. Schedule is subject to projects requirements.
Travel required up to 90%. Position requires presence directly on the Project Site location with intermittent travel to residence of record.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Supplemental benefits, 401k, Employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), Per Diem- per days worked if residence of record is 100 miles or more from the project site.
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Licenses & Certifications
To qualify for per diem:
100 miles from the jobsite for per diem and travel in.
Travel is .41 / mile
Travel out if they get their ROF or transfer.