McDermott’s Technology operating group provides a wide range of process technologies and related services to the petrochemical, petroleum refining and oil and gas industries. We are looking for a Senior Process Engineer for our Bloomfield, NJ office. This person will be responsible for the process design of multiple plant systems in one or more refining technologies. These refining technologies could be within Hydroprocessing, Hydrocracking or Hydrotreating. This person will also supervise small studies or projects. And be responsible for scheduling and estimating the work effort.
- Performs detailed process design calculations and process design simulations, prepares equipment and instrument data sheets, prepares process flow diagrams, and prepares piping and instrument flow diagrams.
- Trains subordinates in the use of process tools and procedures.
- Supervises subordinate process team members.
- Leads various activities related to the process design of specific process units and supervises work efforts on small projects and proposals.
- Reviews design work of subordinate process engineers as delegated by the lead engineer.
- Participates in start-up and technical service field assignments as required.
- Performs other assignments as required.
- Fosters Innovation
- Creates new or existing technology improvements (i.e., patent).
- Creates new or improved work processes for better execution efficiency.
- Publishes or presents a technical paper at an industry forum.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering degree minimum requirement.
- 6 – 10 years of minimum experience within Process Design.
- Experience with Refining Technologies such as Hydroprocessing, Hydrotreating and/or Hydrocracking.
- Experience with COMOS Plant Engineering Software.
- Proficiency in all engineering computer tools.
- Ability to travel and go on field assignments.
- Strong knowledge of process and systems design tools and procedures including CMS.
- Sound engineering judgment.
- Supervisory and scheduling skills.
- Responsible for the supervision of small studies and projects.
- Ability to supervise and coach team members.
- Minimum supervision received.
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Bloomfield
Employee Status: Direct / Regular
Job Posting: Jul 18, 2018, 11:36:36 AM