Must be able to read and comprehend basic instructions, drawings, and general correspondence in English.
- Must be physically and medically capable to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
- Must be able to effectively confer job related information to the supervisor.
- Must understand SMAW, FCAW, GMAW, and GTAW theory.
- Must be able to certify in:
- SMAW (T-1-HY)
- FCAW (T-34-A)
- GMAW (T-2-D)
- FCAW (T-99)
- FCAW (T-34-B)
- GMAW (T-33-A)
- GMAW (T-113)
- GTAW (T-89)
- GTAW (T-7-B)
- GTAW (T-88)
- Must be able to interpret drawings, specifications, and Navy/MSC/ABS standards manuals
- Must have a working knowledge of ship repair terminology and ship compartment naming convention.
- Must possess a working knowledge of welding equipment and work processes used in marine welding.
- Must be able to operate and care for welding equipment, portable power tools, and hand tools used to accomplish assigned work.
- Must understand the US customary and metric measurement system.
- Be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Must be DBIDS Eligible & have OSHA Maritime
- Must have up to four (4) years of welding experience in a Maritime field
- Must pass background and pre employment drug screen