At PEARCE RENEWABLES, we've got a career for you.
Join the nation’s leading independent service provider for commercial and utility-scale wind, solar, EV charging, and energy storage assets. With over 1,700 team members, operating out of 25 offices throughout the country and servicing approximately 50,000 unique locations, Pearce serves a wide range of OEMs, asset owners, and operators. Pearce’s broad service capabilities and geographic footprint throughout the United States provides an excellent home for field technicians and service professionals to grow and advance their careers. Learn more about Pearce Renewables at www.Pearce-Renewables.com
Our Certified Wind Technicians carry out daily tasks such as cleaning, organizing, minor assembly, minor service, and/or repairs to wind turbine generators and related equipment and facilities. They are required to climb vertically at least 300 feet. Required Siemens and/or Gamesa training within any Family 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, and 9. Expected to be able to perform maintenance, troubleshooting, minor to medium repairs crane/non-crane related, design modifications/retrofits and special projects, all following procedures. Must maintain certifications in all areas required by position. The position is 100% travel.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Employees in the wind turbine technician position should expect to:
- Conduct maintenance of equipment (changing blades, fueling, lubrication, etc.)
- Climb a wind turbine vertically at least 300 feet. Lift and move equipment as needed (up to 50 pounds)
- Follow specific verbal and written instructions to perform wind turbine generator (WTG) and associated equipment assembly, repair, and maintenance.
- Complete and maintain required company and client documentation and records.
- Clean and organize tools, equipment, and work area including sweeping, mopping, wiping oil, grease, solvent spills.
- Operate a motor vehicle safely and legally per the PEARCE Renewables Employee Handbook and insurance requirements
- Perform other daily work requirements as directed by supervisor with general supervision.
- Be exposed to ambient temperatures while working outdoors.
- Maintain required training certifications for position held. These include at a minimum: OSHA 10, NFPA 70E, CPR/AED - First Aid
- For safety compliance, wind technicians must weigh between 120 and 280 pounds, including clothing and boots.
EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS
- Tower Rescue/Tractel and SRK 11 Certifications preferred.
- Twelve (12) months related or troubleshooting experience preferred.
- Work meets customer and company standards required of position and job, including following project schedules.
- Comply with corporate OSHA and Pearce Renewables policies at all times.
- Appear well-groomed, present a positive company image, and treat others with courtesy and respect.
- Work cooperatively or independently and inspires a team effort with all tasks. Communicate pro-actively.
- Service reporting, work order documents, and records will be written neatly, legibly and completed correctly.
- Ability to work in a high volume, multi-priority environment and to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Has knowledge of various hand and power tools.
- Work in an indoor or outdoor environment in adverse weather conditions with blowing pollen, dust, and grasses.
- Ability to read schematics.
- Ability to utilize the multiple functions of a voltmeter properly.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
WHAT WE OFFER
Join the country’s largest national independent services company that’s revolutionizing renewables infrastructure services delivery. Pearce will provide you with the tools and resources you need to design, build, and enhance a successful career. We are dedicated to the success of our employees through competitive salaries, incentives, and health and retirement benefits. Also provided are all necessary tools and safety equipment.
Pearce Renewables believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.