Facilities Technician, Plumber/Pipefitter Responsibilities
- Troubleshoots and maintains a wide range of piping systems including:
- Domestic water
- water systems
- Sanitary Sewer
- Compressed Air
- Nitrogen Supply
- Chemical supply and waste
- Soft Water
- PVC, CPVC, Copper piping as well as working knowledge of ProPress fittings.
- pumps including transfer, sump, and a wide range of single and multistage centrifugal pumps.
- Uses complex plumbing, mechanical, and process piping schematics to plan work scopes, install requested improvements and troubleshoot to correct problems.
- Consults manuals; reads and interprets piping diagrams, P&IDs, blueprints, and schematics.
- Performs building and system maintenance outside of core competency, as required.
- Displays positive attitudes and practices good work ethics that reflects the mission, philosophy, and goals of the company.
- Provides excellent customer service
- and provide feedback.
- Records work progress and completion in the Facilities Computer Maintenance Management System
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years’ experience in industrial plumbing or pipefitting
- Knowledge of industrial and process gasses and liquids, hot and cold water services, plumbing systems, industrial chemical systems.
- of pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, cement/glue, caulking, soldering, welding, and press-fit connections (ProPress)
- Ability to produce parts lists and work plans based off drawings or field walks.
- to thoroughly evaluate job hazards and complete pre-work task planning
- degree of initiative, and the ability to work alone and effectively with other people
- Microsoft Office Suite and general computer knowledge required