The Welder will fit metal plumb and square for welding. The Welder will read a tape measure and cut metal using available equipment horizontally, vertically and overhead. The Welder will use a cutting torch to cut metal or steel. The Welder will stick and mig weld and use different welding rods depending on the application. The Welder will further develop a broad set of skills and experience across a wide range of industries. The job will not be routine and will require adapting to different systems continuously.
- Ability to weld horizontal, vertical, and overhead.
- Ability to stick weld and mig weld.
- Ability to know what welding rods to use for different applications.
- Must know welding symbols.
- Ability to measure, fit, weld, grind and finish metal or steel.
- Ability to fabricate and construct metal components.
- Need good working knowledge of materials used in day-to-day operations.
- Must be able to read engineering drawings.
- Operate hand or power tools such as a cutting torch, drills, saws, or other tools as required.
- If certified and trained, operate heavy equipment such as forklift, etc.
- Clean or prepare sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Ability to work with design engineers on custom designs.
- Attend and participate in continuous ongoing safety training both MSHA and OSHA.
- Provide own personal PPE including steel toe boots (metatarsal) and thick rated clothing.
- Company will provide additional PPE, some tools and safety clothing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands and Working Environment: The conditions are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a shop. Some outdoor work with exposure to all types of weather and temperature conditions. May travel to site.
- Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting and field environment; to walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp, and make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate amounts of weight up to 50 lbs. without assistance and greater than 50lbs. with assistance; to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
- Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction. Cannot be color-blind.
- Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
- Must have valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving record.
- 2+ years of welding experience working in a shop.
- Experience operating required hand and power tools.
Coalmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer.