General Description: Laborer helps skilled trades with the setup and execution of machining and welding operations whether being performed in the shop or field.
****MUST HAVE CLEAN MVR.
· Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in shop/field
· Confers with supervisor to determine material and parts status
· Maintains and compiles material inventory
· Unload tools and prepare site materials
· Maintain a clean job site: pick up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards.
· Material handling and storage.
· Load and unload trucks and haul hoisted materials.
· This position is responsible for adherence to all safety rules and regulations
· Utilize tools and technology provided in an effective and efficient manner
· Willing to attend on-going training to further professional development
· Ensure communication with co-workers are professional and appropriate.
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime weekends and work well with others
- Fit for duty in clean and presentable manner
- Able to travel within and outside of the continental US
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the essential functions of the job.
· Required High school diploma or equivalent
· Preferred 1 year minimum experience in industry or related field
Language Skills –
· Ability to read, write and speak in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with groups of managers, clients, customers, vendors and the public
Skills and Abilities –
· Excellent math, verbal/written communication skills and attention to details
· Ability to read and understand detailed drawings and sketches
· Ability to mulit-task and use of judgement to solve problems
· Extraordinary safety focus both on the road and off
· Ability to perform routine duties involving use of various procedures and applications to clearly prescribed standard practices
· Knowledge of OSHA safety regulations
Technology, Tools, and Equipment –
· Basic Computer, Telephone, various hand tools, both power and manual
Certificates, Licenses and/or Registrations –
· Class E Valid Driver’s License
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Transport: Must be able to lift up to and including 50lbs
· Stationary/Move/Traverse/Ascend/Descend/Bend/Pull/Pushing/Move/Inspect: Must be able to drive and move about all worksites
· Touch/Grasp/Feel: Must be able to manipulate all shop/field components
· Working Conditions: Shop/Field environment