Education Requirements: A two-year related degree; or equivalent education and experience.
Experience Requirements: 2 years construction or related experience; with previous process and procedure supervisory experience required. QA/QC experience preferred.
Position Summary: The Site Quality Coordinator shall work with the Quality Systems Manager, Project Manager and Site Manager to facilitate the effective implementation and application of the project Quality Plan and BEI Quality Program. The Site Quality Coordinator shall assure that quality standards, processes and practices are communicated, implemented and trained across the project team. The Site Quality Coordinator shall be responsible for and be the unbiased Quality representative independent of influences of production goals. The Site Quality Coordinator is not to act as the “Quality Cop”, but instead should promote a team approach to improving and ensuring the project is completed per the engineering, owner and Blattner standards and specifications.
- Will work with Quality Manager, Site Manager, and Engineering to develop and implement the project quality program and benchmarks on-site.
- Functions as the responsible individual on-site as it relates to the implementation of the project Quality Plan, for all parties, including vendors, suppliers, subcontractors and third party testers.
- Functions as the responsible individual with regards to Quality training efforts and ensuring that all required Quality training has been completed. The Site Quality Coordinator is not required to perform all the Quality training, but must coordinate Quality training schedules and efforts.
- Responsible for daily monitoring in the field and assuring compliance with the project Quality Plan, Client Requirements, Quality Program, and project drawings, plans and specifications.
- Accountable for tracking and reporting inspection and testing activities and reporting of Quality statistics to drive continuous improvement throughout the project daily.
- Possesses the authority and the responsibility to halt any operation or activity that appears to be out of compliance with the project contract, drawings, specifications and/or BEI expectations; and empowers all project resources to act in the same manner.
- Performs inspections, tests and field audits as defined within the BEI Quality Requirements and Expectations document on a daily basis.
- Administers the Managing Nonconformance Process at the project level and ensures timely resolution of nonconformance reports. The Site Quality Coordinator shall be an on-site advocate for the effective utilization of nonconformance reports.
- Monitors and tracks the timely and accurate completion of all inspection and testing activities and the associated field auditing activities.
- Promotes the utilization of the benchmarking procedures, while tracking that mandatory benchmarking activities have occurred as defined with the BEI Quality Requirements and Expectations document.
- Assists the Superintendents in preparing task level expectations, Quality Checklists, benchmarks, and technical verification standards.
- Compiles and tracks Quality information, to be summarized within the Weekly Quality Report that is submitted to the Project Manager, Site Manager and Quality Systems Manager.
- Responsible for the gathering and retaining copies of all required certifications/accreditations for third party testers and testing equipment calibration records.
- Monitors the third party testing agencies, their on-site inspectors/testers, and Blattner personnel to ensure that proper testing methodologies are utilized and are performed per applicable defined standard.
- Collaborates with the BEI corporate Quality department to ensure adherence to BEI Quality practices.
- Promotes continuous improvement initiatives and supports the implementation of new Quality policies, processes, and practices.
Other Job Functions
Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read engineering plans and specifications.
- Must be analytical, organized, and have high level of attention to detail.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers pertinent information skillfully.
- Assertiveness – must be able to enforce company policies and best practices.
- Quality Focus – Looks for ways to improve and promote Quality within the project; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; seeks to understand, listens and obtains clarification prior to making decisions.
- Teamwork – Focused on teamwork and finding solutions in a collaborative manner.
- Interpersonal Skills – Maintains confidentiality.
- Computer skills required (MS office).
*All job offers are contingent upon receiving a negative drug/alcohol test result and a satisfactory physical examination designed solely to determine your physical ability to perform the duties of the positing being offered to you. Field employees are subject to random drug testing.