Competentia seeks a Loop Check Coordinator for a position in Belle Chasse, LA:
The Loop Check Coordinator will work closely with the Engineering Lead-Instrumentation and P66 Instrument Technicians to provide accurate status of loop checks. The Loop Check Coordinator will work closely with construction contract resources and project engineers to ensure all documentation is approved to begin loop checks. Loop Check Coordinator will drive loop check completion to support schedule.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Effectively champion and steward project safety
- Provide single point of accountability and coordination for loop check status
- Identify any issues preventing loop check completion, i.e. incomplete loop check procedure forms, field issues as reported by P66 instrument technicians
- Effectively work with P66 instrument technicians in scheduling loop check activities
- Communicate loop check issues with project coordinators in a timely manner to support schedule
- Ability to work with DCS engineers, project engineers, and operations representatives to complete loop folder sign off
- Ability to maintain loop check tracking spreadsheet in EXCEL
- Coordinate and lead meetings related to loop check status
1. Five (5) or more years instrument experience within oil refining or petrochemical environment
2. Five (5) or more years instrument experience in maintenance
3. Has clearly demonstrated strong critical problem-solving skills in team work environments
4. Strong written and oral communication skills
5. Energetic, self-starter that works well and interacts well within a team environment
6. Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer applications; Excel, Outlook, Word
7. Demonstrated interpersonal/teambuilding skills
8. Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
9. Must maintain a current valid driver's license
10. Must currently hold or be able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/twic/index.shtm
Instrument certification from accredited technical institution
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.