Position: Pipe Welder
Job Location: Newport News
Hutco Branch: Newport News
Rate of Pay: $27.31 per hour
(Per Diem is available if applicable)
If you are an outstanding employee looking for a phenomenal company with excellent job opportunities, then look no more! We are the company for you! Our team is dedicated to placing hard workers in the best positions we have to offer! We are currently seeking Pipe Welder with Shipboard experience to work in Virginia.
- Must be able to obtain a Government facility security pass (DBIDS)
- Must have standard tools for a welder.
- Torch cuts pipe clean and true welds pipe without leaks in positions with minimal clearance determines job sites, particularly those involving combustible material, are safe for personnel and, when required, hot work creates and maintains a work site that is compliant with safety and quality regulations and policies
- Read and interpret weld symbols or blueprints, schematics and job specifications
- Working knowledge of TIG welding processes including stainless steel and copper nickel alloys
- Working knowledge of the use and limitations of 6011, 6010 and 7018 (SMAW welding) and/or silver braze rods
- Working knowledge of the use and limitations of flux core processes
- Able to work different shifts.
- Must have good knowledge of ship board spaces.
- Must have knowledge of weld symbols.
- Must pass HY-80 Pipe Test 6G (SMAW)
- Must pass Flux-core HY 80 test.
- Must pass Aluminum Plate test.
- Tack weld 11018 (SMAW).
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to safely hook up and operate a torch.
- Must have knowledge of WAFs
- OSHA 10 Maritime & Firewatch Training
- Must be able to pass a seven-year background check w/ No Felonies
- Must pass drug test and E-Verify.
- Personal Protective Equipment:
Hard Hat, Steel Toe Safety Boots, Safety Glasses, Gloves
Essential Job Functions
- Make sure tank/compartment has an updated safe for hot work ticket and that requirements of the ticket have been met. (Example: ventilation, lighting, safety equipment etc.).
- Make sure conditions of the tank/compartment have not changed since the ticket was written. (Example: fuel run back, unsafe working conditions, etc.).
- Make sure a Work Authorization Form (WAF) ticket is on the job site and that it is for the specific job being accomplished, no work will be accomplished without a WAF posted at location of repairs.
- Make sure any other safety issues are complied with that relate to the specific job being accomplished (Example: special staging, face shields for grinding, protective clothing for hot work-related jobs, breathing apparatus with correct cartridges, etc).
A limited benefit plan is available to Hutco, Inc. employees through Essential Staff Care. Available plans include:
- Medical / Prescription
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Short Term Disability Benefits
- Term Life Benefits
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefit