Education Requirements: Technical school degree/certification; or equivalent combination of education and experience. NCCCO, Crane Physical and Valid Driver's License.
Experience: Two years related experience.
Position Summary: Operates a crane to lift, move, and position loads such as components, equipment, and solid or bulk materials by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Functions
- Plans all lifts, uses proper capacity charts, completes pre-lift/critical lift sheet.
- Observes load hookup and determines safety of load.
- Manipulates or depresses crane controls such as pedals, levers, and buttons, to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement.
- Uses hoisting attachments such as hook, sling, electromagnet, or bucket as load requires.
- Performs rigging inspections and daily equipment inspections.
- Cleans and maintains crane and hoisting mechanism.
- Observes functioning of equipment or system to determine hazards and need for adjustments, repairs, or replacements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
*All job offers are contingent upon receiving a negative drug/alcohol test result and a satisfactory physical examination designed solely to determine your physical ability to perform the duties of the positing being offered to you. Field employees are subject to random drug testing.