The On-site Machinist performs repairs to equipment, vessels, and mechanical structures at customer facilities.
A candidate for this position can expect to perform the following tasks:
- Travel to customer locations to perform site surveys and carry out repairs.
- Transport and set up tools, machinery and fixtures to support machining operations.
- Perform machining operations using equipment such as; Portable milling machines, clamshelllathes, line boring systems, grinding machines, hydraulic tensioning systems, as well as varioushand and power tools.
- Take measurements of machined features using precision measuring equipment.
- Performs mechanical assembly and disassembly of equipment using a variety of hand and power tools.
- Communicates with customer and government representatives to coordinate work onsite.
- Completes inspection and as-found condition reports for completed work.
Education Requirement: HS diploma or equal
A good candidate will have:
- High school level understanding of algebra and geometry.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- A strong interest in engineering and mechanical systems.
- Able to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Motivated self-starter
- A Basic background in machine tool setup and use
- Willing to travel 30-40% of the time.
Must be able to pass a background check to gain access to certain work sites.
Must be able to pass a pre employment drug screen.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.