Immediate need for Shipfitters with the following Experience:
1. Tack Welding– Multi-pass Fillet Weld
2. Burning-Oxygen/Propane Burning Torch.
3. Heating-Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch
4. Ability to comprehend complex structural assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum and reference lines.
5. Ability to comprehend fractional dimensions as with the use of a ruler.
6. Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly.
7. Ability to assemble structural piece parts in accordance with specifications in a quality manner.
8. Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipbuilding, steel fabrication, etc.).
9. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
1. Rigger/Material Handling
2. Tank Testing
3. Air Carbon Arc Gouging
Tack Welding Qualification:
1. All Shipfitters will be required to pass a Multi-pass Tack Welder Qualification Test.
2. Using the Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) Process
3. With MIL-10718-M (A-5A) Filler Metal of MIL-E-22200/1
4. In both the Vertical Up (3F) and Overhead (4F) positions.
5. With a 3-Pass, 3/8” Fillet Weld
The Welding School will administer the following tests:
A. Multi-pass Tack Weld consisting of:
• One (1) hour practice
• One (1) hour Vertical test
• One (1) hour Overhead test
B. Visual Inspection of Weld Level I
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National with CLEAN BACKGROUND and able to pass a Drug Screen.
- Long Term Assignments
- ACA Health Insurance Benefits Available
(Pay is based on experience and per diem to those that qualify)