Join our Team!! We are looking for motivated, self-driven, and reliable individuals who are interested in a great opportunity with Mechanical Systems Inc. We offer competitive wages and per diem.
The Pipe Welder is responsible for performing a full range of journeyman-level structural & pipe welding procedures. Including pre-heat temperatures, electrode selection, welding processes, and quality control specifications in accordance with the specific metallurgical properties of the material involved. This position performs basic rigging procedures as well as advanced fabrication, lay-out, & field verification techniques.
Review Isometric & P&ID drawings, and job specifications to determine work requirements.
• Prepare material for welding, cutting or fabrication.
• Fabricate and modify piping systems and process equipment, and draft or redline drawings as needed.
• Field verification of piping & structural systems.
• Weld in compliance with applicable codes and standards.
• Maintain records of work orders and materials used.
Have knowledge of hand & power tools, as well as hydraulic, air & electric shop equipment.
Mentor and co-ordinate the work of co-workers.
• Comply with Company and customer policies and procedures.
• Support AES zero-incident safety culture and assume personal accountability and responsibility for safe work practices in all projects, activities, and operations.
• Use of Respiratory equipment. Local and portable exhaust ventilation systems (LEV), as well as Power Air Purifying Respirators (PAPR), along with half mask and full face respirators.
Minimum Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED with a minimum of four years related training and experience required. Proficiency in down-hand and up-hand welding is required. Experience in the oil and gas industry and in the arctic environment preferred. Valid driver’s license required.
Certification in Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW), or Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) in accordance with American Welding Society D1.1 required. North Slope Training Cooperative (NSTC) safety training certification may be required.
Must hold valid driver license
Benefits: Health and Dental Insurance, PTO, 401K plan