ARE YOU BEING PAID WHAT YOU'RE WORTH? COME FIND OUT AT CORBINS!
Corbins pays up to $36/hr based on how you score on our pre-employment skills assessment, designed to gauge your skill level and provide a fair hourly wage for your skills. Apply today and we will contact you to set up a time for you to take our comprehensive, 4 hour assessment at our Office in New Mexico.
At Corbins Electric, we believe people are first! Our teammates, our partners, and our customers can expect that we genuinely care to serve them and look out for their best interests. Our culture is built on the cornerstone of our Core Values – Passion, Relationships, Innovation, Development and Excellence! They set our expectation of each and every employee and are integrated in everything we do. As one of the largest electrical contractors in the Southwest and an industry leader in virtual construction, fabrication, electrical construction, and electrical service, we continually look for people who share in our Core Values to better themselves and contribute to our mission of changing the construction industry as empowered thought leaders
We are currently seeking experienced Journeyman Electricians to assist in all aspects of electrical construction. Our Electricians are the foundation of our business and critical in our success! We offer mentoring and development to grow your career to new levels! Electricians at Corbins have grown their careers into several areas of our organization.
- Direct electrical construction work for assigned projects
- Troubleshoot and provide resolution in electrical circuits, systems, and equipment
- Ensure professional resolution of escalated field related issues and customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with Field Support teams to maintain project flow
- Enforce all national and local codes and keep up with any changes in the industry
- Drive a safety-first culture and lead by example
- Evaluate employee work performance and provide guidance and development
- Promote Corbins Electric in a positive light at all times
- Working knowledge of construction, electrical work, systems, and troubleshooting
- Proficient knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC), local codes and OSHA safety standards
- Possess strong expertise in all aspects of trade related materials, components, equipment, systems, methods of installation, safety procedures, safe work practices, trade related calculations, blueprint and drawing interpretation, and trouble shooting.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Effective communication, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- 4+ years of Electrical Construction experience
- Wear personal tool belt at all times on the jobsite
- Able to lifting 50 pounds, unassisted, frequently throughout the day
- Ability to climb up and down a ladder safely
- Able to completing a full day’s assignments involving one or more of the following: bending, stooping, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, balancing, pushing, pulling, reaching over head, and repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers
- Able to dig trenches and excavations, either by use of hand tools or power equipment
- Able to safely operate two-handed tools/equipment such as cable cutters, hammer drills, compression tools, and jack hammers
- Access all levels of jobsite work area even if the only means of access is by O.S.H.A. approved site construction ladder or stairs still under construction, but acceptable for us
- Able to work a 40 hour work week, with overtime and off-hour shifts as required
- Good hearing and vision, normal or corrected
- Able to work in extreme weather conditions and elements, indoor or outdoor, including heat, cold, rain, mud, dust, and snow depending on job location
- Able to work from various heights via ladders, scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks, and other safe work platforms and areas
- Able to work in and around restricted/confined spaces such as; manholes, utility tunnels, crawl spaces, attics, clean rooms, and raised metal floors
This is a safety sensitive position and all applicable policies including drug test and background check will apply.
It has been and continues to be the long-standing policy of Corbins Electric to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Corbins Electric complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.