MINDS OVER MATTER - Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. Barnhart is committed to continuous improvement and to be the best heavy lift and heavy transport company. Our customers can expect Barnhart to aggressively pursue innovative ways to lower overall project costs and improve safety.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of the industry’s strongest network of talent and resources. We have over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development along with the opportunity to serve others within and outside the company.
ONE TEAM - Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
- Regional position with 50-75% travel suporting the Northeast Region.
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s Safety Program.
- Manage the Company’s Safety, Security, Health and Environmental Programs.
- Develop and implement programs to ensure company compliance to regulations associated with Safety and Environmental Protection.
- Perform operational risk assessments of the company operation.
- Conduct safety and environmental development training.
- Oversee the Company’s Safety Incentive Program.
- Report accidents and statistics as directed by Company policy and corporate directives.
- Develop and produce reports for use by management concerning Safety, Security, Health and Environmental issues.
- Analyze Company accident and training statistics for adverse trends and recommend actions for improvement.
- Perform Job Hazard Analysis.
- Conduct accident and personal injury investigations including report generation and root cause analysis. Assist Branch Safety Managers in the performance of Accident Investigations.
- Conduct Safety audits in accordance with company policy or as directed by VP Engineering and Technical Services.
- Participate in Accident Review Boards for all reportable injuries in accordance with company policy.
- Produce the Company Safety Newsletter and Safety Alerts.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- BS Degree from accredited college.
- Environmental health and safety management experience in the heavy construction industry preferred.
- Minimum of three years in a leadership capacity with proven experience in developing and implementing strategic company-wide safety programs.
- Strategic thinking & vision coupled with strong leadership and management background.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to partner with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency with MS Office products.
- Pass drug screen, clean background.
- Valid driver’s license.