Lummus Consultants an autonomous international business within McDermott Technology is seeking a Principal Consultant for our Renewable Energy business. This position is located in our Canton, MA office and will work as part of a team evaluating the resource assessments, energy production estimates, performance, technology, design, installation, costs for existing power generation facilities or new build projects as part of clients’ due diligence efforts. The assignments may also include owner’s engineer work or feasibility studies. The position requires sufficient experience to lead or support an assignment. Lummus Consultants provides technical due diligence to lenders, investors, owners, sellers, buyers and project developers.
- Responsible for providing the expert technical review on renewable power project assignments
- Have a solid working knowledge of PV modules, inverters, meteorological stations, and trackers
- Ability to assess the components of a wind power generation system including the rotor, generator, gearbox, drive train, and brake assembly, tower or offshore platform, foundation and electrical system
- Lead technical due diligence activities including review of technology, design, execution plans, O&M and performance metrics, project capital costs, and contracts
- Lead a site assessment team as part of the due diligence activities and should be comfortable with interviewing plant staff
- Able to quickly assess material issues based on past experience with other projects
- Will be required to forecast the necessary capital expenditure budget to ensure reliable long term operation of the project
- Write clear and concise reports; coordinate activities with other team members, and relay the results of the due diligence to the client or the client’s advisors
- Carry out multiple projects concurrently, meeting tight client deadlines
- Will be required to support business development, marketing and proposal development efforts
- Additional business areas may be identified based on the candidate’s work history, strengths, and interests
- Bachelor degree in Engineering discipline
- Minimum 15 years relevant professional experience in the power sector
- Minimum 3 years experience in renewables
- Strong knowledge of renewable technology and equipment design, operation, and condition
- Previous consulting experience is highly beneficial
- The candidate should have strong interpersonal skills and an ability to interact with peers and clients from different nationalities and cultures
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Comfortable in both execution and sales
- Experienced engineer with knowledge and experience in providing expert technical and operational consultation for the assessment of conventional and renewable power generation projects.
- The position requires an individual with a broad knowledge of solar photovoltaic (PV) and wind system design, operations and maintenance (O&M) requirements, costs, and project execution.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Knowledge and experience with battery energy storage systems is a plus
This position will be located at the Canton, MA office. Job-related travel (business trips usually requiring less than a two-week duration) including international travel to project locations is an important part of the work. Travel may average 10 to 30 percent.
Lummus Consultants Overview:
Lummus Consultants Power Project Services provides technical and operational evaluations of capital projects in the power generation industry with a focus on examining issues surrounding the technical design, execution, and operation of projects. We evaluate technology, design development, contracting strategies, project costs, prospective contractors, proposed execution, schedule and proposed operations and maintenance, overall project performance and the technical inputs to the pro forma financial models, i.e. how each of these parameters will separately and collectively affect the overall project economic forecast.
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Canton
Employee Status: Direct / Regular
Job Posting: Jul 18, 2018, 12:22:02 PM