A Millwright is responsible for installing machinery and equipment. This position is deemed ‘safety sensitive’ due to the fact that a person improperly performing the essential or marginal functions of the job would constitute a threat to the health or safety of the employee, the employee’s co-workers, and/or the public at large.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Align machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs.
- Repair and lubricate machines and equipment.
- Assemble and install equipment, using hand tools and power tools. Assembles machines, and bolts, welds or otherwise fastens them to foundation or other structures.
- Installs machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints and other drawings, using hoists, lift trucks, hand tools and power tools.
- Position steel beams to support bedplates of machines and equipment, using blueprints and schematic drawings, to determine work procedures.
- Dismantles machines and other equipment.
- Constructs foundation for machines, using hand tools and building materials such as wood, cement, and steel.
- Move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers and trucks.
- Responsible for adhering to all company safety and QA/QC programs and OSHA regulations.
- The ability to work overtime and regular, punctual attendance is required.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a millwright is required. Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, layout plans or other drawings is required. Must have all required hand tools. Certificate of welding ability is preferred. Proficient with precision instruments to set and align equipment is required.
Must be able to lift, push/pull, and carry in excess of 100 pounds frequently on the job and able to climb 300+ feet. A considerable amount of bending and stooping required. Must be able to tolerate temperature fluctuations, loud noises, and a dusty work environment. Must be able to be around high voltage electromagnetic fields. All of the physical demands listed are essential functions.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be considered an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. I have reviewed, understand and can perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodations. All of the physical demands listed are essential functions.
- Health Insurance
- HSA with Employer contributions
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Income Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- 401 (k)