Casey Industrial provides multi-craft process installations across the continental USA in the Power Generation, Industrial, and Biofuels markets. We are well-known for providing cost-effective, complete, and timely installations constructed in a collaborative relationship with clients who value our unwavering focus on safe work and quality work practices. Casey Industrial, founded in 1947, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MasTec, Inc., a publicly-traded, minority-controlled corporation. With its global infrastructure, MasTec, Inc. serves a variety of markets, including Power Generation, Oil & Gas, Transmission and Distribution, Renewable Energy, and Telecommunications. At Casey Industrial, we are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the best talent. No matter your role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to our success as we deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
The General Foreman is responsible for supporting and assisting the Project/Craft Superintendent with the overall craft management of a large or small construction project.
The GF will be responsible for the management of their scope of work. They will manage at a minimum the safety, quality, labor, material, scope, client interaction, and overall execution of their area of responsibility. To successfully manage their work, they must have a growing understanding of the industry best practices and codes for their craft.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Read and understand project drawings, specifications, technical data, assembly methods, and O&M manuals.
- Participate in discipline constructability reviews and task plans to improve the execution of the project, lead reviews of their scope.
- Developing business skills including: communication skills, relationship development, and business acumen.Interpersonal and communication skills to coordinate team efforts, provide direction to team members, and communicate project objectives, parameters, status, and outcomes to stakeholders.
- Written and verbal communication with ability to serve as a spokesperson for Company.
- Ability to adapt and become an influential leader of Casey’s culture and values.
- Represent Casey in a professional manner in all client interaction activities.
- Understand and lead Casey’s Corporate Safety Plan: Fall Protection, confined space, LOTO, and trenching.
- Identify safety hazards employees may be subject to and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize hazards.
- Support or lead safety training meetings and sessions.
- Submit purchase requests for craft specific safety consumables (goggles, gloves, etc.) to Superintendent.
- Support and lead additional safety practices: Supervisor audits, Craft observations, Safety Leadership Meetings (SLTs).Lead the Casey planning/JSA process for your crews.Ensure your crews reports ALL safety events and near misses.
- Read, understand, and distribute Contract drawings and specifications to all Foreman.
- Read, understand, and ensure that the site quality plan is communicated, and all inspections and quality documentation is being completed on time and submitted.
- Inspect crews work for compliance with company, contract, and code requirements.Identify deficiencies, explain and take any corrective action needed.Identify inconsistencies between industry best practices and specifications/drawings and provide value engineering through the request for information (RFI) process.
- Ensure that your crew is qualified to perform their work and have the appropriate certifications/license to execute their work.
- Understand your assigned work and budgets and meet or beat the budgeted man-hours.
- Ensure direct reports are executing effective Gang box meetings which assign/align the performance goals for their crews and ensure they are “tools on” and working within 20-25 minutes of the start time. 10-15 minutes with the Foreman and 10 minutes in the work area filling out the JSA.
- Review direct reports’ daily goal cards the day prior to ensure they are complete and accurate.
- Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems, inaccuracies, and cost saving measures that arise or that may be encountered.
- Take corrective actions as needed in any of these areas.Follow the Casey planning process; Review the Superintendents 3 week look ahead, and review 1 week look ahead, daily goal cards, JSAs and task planning.
- Support major task planning sessions to safely and efficiently carry out all aspects of work assigned.
- Listen to other employee's and supervisor's suggestions, complaints, problems, safety concerns and recommendations, evaluate each, then devise and implement a plan based on information gathered.
- Plan and communicate to assure that an adequate supply of tools, materials and equipment are available for upcoming work identified on the 3-week and 1-week schedules.
- Have ability to step in as a Craft Superintendent as needed, and lead and direct the field operations.
- Provide training and coaching to Foreman and upcoming leadmen.
- Provide on the job training to craft personnel.
- Understand and know applicable employee laws and follow Casey HR policies.
- Manage a team of direct reports to include foreman, or craft lead.
- Utilize Casey’s Productivity Tracking tools.
- Support quantity collection and support the development of low productivity mitigation plans.
- Review productivity of crews to direct reports.
- Develop an understanding of the components of the rate composition (Base, Sub, Overtime, Crew mix.)Identify equipment needs and durations to the project team.
- Identify procurement needs are on the Superintendents 3-week schedule.
- Review project documents and generate material requests.
- Support Superintendent in the development of the 3-week look ahead schedule.
- Ensure Foreman are maintaining a 1-week schedule.
- Oversee and train foreman on 1-week schedules as needed.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 3 years of experience in a specific craft.
- 3 years of experience in a supervisory role.
- Have ability to generate word documents and understand and populate Excel documents.
- Have held role of Foreman for 2 years.
- Hold a Master Journeyman level skillset for your specificcraft..
- History of working successfully as a Craftsmen, and ForemanMust have working knowledge of their specific discipline and how that work relates to the other disciplines (coordinate installation, timing and sequence), including knowledge of specific codes related to their work (welding codes, structural steel codes, concrete codes, electrical codes)
- Able to interpret contract drawings and use the tools of their trade efficiently.
- Be able to train others on the proper use of hand tools and power tools.
- Must set standards of excellence in leadership, safety, quality and productivity for the members of his/her crew. In addition, must have all necessary tools of their craft.
- Manage up to 2 direct reports.Lead/direct a field crew of 20 people for short periods if needed
- Work up to a 12-hour shift doing hard physical work in varying temperatures and outside conditions.
- May need to maintain physical strength and stamina; Use arms, hands, and legs fully; Push, pull, and frequently lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds; and stoop, kneel, balance, crouch, crawl, and climb to perform job tasks.
- Stamina to perform this task repetitively and continuously for several hour intervals.Uncontrolled environmental conditions: Constant change in weather and site conditions.
- This work environment may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises.Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to- safety toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.).
- Move in and around confined, cluttered, and uneven areas.
- May need to work at heights and must be able to abide by all safety and fall-protection requirements; must be able to wear and utilize all safety equipment required for work at heights.
- Evaluate information based on measurable standards; and see details in objects or drawings and recognize slight differences in shapes and shadings.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from drawings.
- Keep good balance and work at heights.
- See well (either naturally or with correction).
- Hear well (either naturally or with correction.)Coordinate the use of eyes, hands, and feet.
This position is a Full-Time position scheduled to work typically 50 hours per week. Schedule is subject to projects requirements.
Travel required up to 90%. Position requires presence directly on the Project Site location with intermittent travel to residence of record
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Supplemental benefits, 401k, Employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), Per Diem- per days worked if residence of record is 100 miles or more from the project site.
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Licenses & Certifications
To qualify for per diem:
100 miles from the jobsite for per diem and travel in.
Travel is .41 / mile
Travel out if they get their ROF or transfer.