Independent operator is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor for a direct hire opportunity based in the Lake Charles area. This role will be responsible for the safe the safe, efficient and effective execution of all mechanical maintenance work at a Liquefied Natural Gas facility, specifically, at the Inlet/Pre-treatment, Liquefaction, Tanks/Loading and Process Balance of Plant (BoP) systems. The Maintenance Mechanical Supervisor (Process) is responsible for working with other Supervisors, Managers and Directors within the Operations & Maintenance departments.
- Ensures maintenance instrumentation work is executed within all HSSE processes, procedures, standards and regulations.
- Ensures direct reports adhere to CMMS, Maintenance Manual and Work Management process and procedures.
- Functions as Maintenance SME (Subject Matter Expert) in his/her area of technical expertise.
- Provides technical support to problem solving activities and ensure maintenance and reliability issues are identified and corrective measures are implemented.
- Manages, supervises and assigns work activities, ensures direct reports understand work scope, required procedures and potential safety, health and environmental work hazards.
- Review permits to work under his/her area of responsibility (ePTW as applicable). Ensure permits are prepared and submitted to Operations well in advance before execution.
- Key participant in maintenance processes such as daily work progress updates, maintenance work planning/schedule review meetings, backlog review meetings, among other meetings.
- Manage and approve direct reports time cards according to Policies and Procedures.
- Supports and develops direct reports through competency assessments and skills development training.
- Monitor contractor work execution (Scaffolding, painting, insulation, rigging among other crafts) time sheets approval and safe work completion, according to Contractor Management procedure. Reports contractor work quality/non-compliances issues to Planning/Contract teams.
- Identify and order required special and routine tools/equipment/PPE for the safe execution of maintenance activities under his/her area of responsibility.
- Support development of technical specifications for maintenance contract services.
- Participate in and /or lead Ready for Operations (RFO) maintenance projects, such as - but not limited to, Spare parts selection, Maintenance Strategies development, Procedures development before commercial operations.
- Assist with the pre-commissioning, commissioning, startup and initial operation of the Facility. This will include being a vital member of the integrated commissioning / start-up team(s) with the EPC contractor.
- Participate in various reviews during the Engineering and Design Phases, such as HAZOPs, 3D model and P&ID reviews.
- When required, assume the responsibilities of Maintenance Mechanical Supervisor (Power) in the areas of his responsibility, during his absence.
- Education and Certifications
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED; Technical degree in Millwright, Industrial Mechanical Mechanic, or nationally recognized standard, NCCER is preferred.
- Minimum Ten (10) years of maintenance work experience in Oil & Gas, LNG or petrochemical facilities.
- Three (3) years must be at a supervisory level is preferred.
- Knowledge of mechanical industrial standards, code regulations (i.e. API, ASME -Process, NBIC pressure devices relief testing, FERC among others.).
- Strong knowledge of preventive and corrective maintenance of mechanical static and rotating equipment.
- Applied knowledge of maintenance and inspection of mechanical equipment such as - but not limited to, Loading arms, Gangways, Berth systems, cryogenic pumps and systems (Cold Box, Refrigerant Storage, etc.), reciprocate, screw and centrifugal compressors, Diesel engines, Air Cooled Heat Exchangers, Flare systems, Catalysts loading/unloading, etc.
- Experience working scaffolding, painting, insulating, heavy equipment operation-rigging/lifting crafts, welding, fabrication, machining, etc.
- Familiar with CMMS systems work management process (Work order process). SAP experience is preferred.
- Management/Supervision of small/medium scale maintenance mechanical projects. Maintenance Turnaround experience is preferred.