Requires 4+ years commercial/naval experience as a first class Burner.
1. Manual Burning with an Oxygen/Propane Burning Torch. Must be able to burn plates and shapes with square cut preps and various bevel preps on material from 3/16” thick through 4” thick.
2. Machine Burning with Oxygen/Propane Burning Equipment. Must be able to burn plates and shapes with square cut preps and various bevel preps on material from 3/16” thick through 4” thick. All Burners must have familiarity with automatic burning machines similar to a CM-79 radiograph, or IK 12.
3. Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
4. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
5. Ability to properly use bevel gauges.
The Welding School will administer the following tests:
1. All Burners will be required to demonstrate the above abilities to burn the above shapes and materials in all positions that meet the NAVSEA 0900-999-9000 “Acceptable Standards For Surface Finish of Flame – or Arc Cut Material”.
2. Visual Inspection of burned material will meet NAVSEA requirements above.