Lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs, and maintains piping and piping systems, fixtures, and equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, and industrial processing systems.
• Select type and size of pipe and related materials according to job plans and specifications.
• Inspect work sites to determine presence of obstructions.
• Plan sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other construction workers.
• Cut pipe, using hacksaw, pipe cutters, hammer and chisel, cutting torch, and pipe cutting machine.
• Thread pipe, using threading machine.
• Bend pipe by hand or with pipe-bending machine.
• Assemble and install variety of metal and non-metal pipe and pipe fittings, including those made of brass, copper, lead, glass, and plastic.
• Join piping by means of threaded, caulked, wiped, soldered, brazed, fused, or cemented joints.
• Secure pipes to structure with clamps, brackets, and hangers, using hand tools.
• Test piping system for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
• May weld hanging fixtures to structural steel members.
• Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
• Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
• Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings.
• Lift and carry objects of varying weights
• Detect, recognize and respond to dangerous conditions or situations.
• May be required to be licensed.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort
Conditions include working in office, shop, busy traffic areas, warehouses, and undeveloped properties, with frequent exposure to dirt, dust, grease, oil, vibrations, and adverse weather conditions. Must be able to safely access all areas of property, buildings, structures, wharves, rooftops and other elevated positions, as well as, confined spaces. Must be able to effectively use all required PPE equipment and lift up to fifty pounds. Strenuous physical demands are required to safely perform the essential functions associated with this position. Must be able to safely operate all involved equipment and tools. Must be capable of standing for long periods of time, bending consistently, working in confined spaces with limited access, on ladders, in personnel lifts, in workboats, and working in awkward body positions.
Tool Box with Lock, 16' Tape Measure, Scribe, 10" & 18” Pipe Wrench, 14" Pipe Wrench, 24" Pipe Wrench, Pipefitter's Blue Book, 5 Gallon Plastic Bucket, 25' Tape Measure, 12" x 24" Framing Square, String Level, Pair of Leather Gloves, 8"& 12” Crescent Wrench, 420 Channel Locks, Torch Lighter (Striker), Chalk Line, Set of Allen Wrenches, Line Up Bar, Screwdriver (Flat), Set of Tip Cleaners, Combination Open/Box End Wrenches (7/8", 15/16", 1 1/16", 1 1/8", 1 1/4"), 24" Level, Pair of Cutting Goggles, Center Finder, Center Punch , 4" Wraparound, Wire Cutters, Plumb Bob, Set Blinding Wedges – Small, Hacksaw, 3lb to 4lb Ball Peen Hammer, Phillips Screwdriver, Combination Set (Tri- Square, Protractor, and Center Finder), Ratchet Drive 3/8" to 1" set, Construction Calculator
*Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Century Contractors offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled