Tradesmen International is immediately hiring experienced Shipfitters for projects located in San Diego, CA. This is a full time opportunity and the pay rate is up to $34/hour based on experience for local candidates and up to $27/hour BOE plus $150/Per Diem to travelers 60+ miles from the job site. If you are a Shipfitter, and want to work alongside other proven craftsmen who emphasize safety, productivity and superior craftsmanship, this is your chance to advance your career!
- Assemble, cut and grind metal structural parts including; plates, bulkheads, strong backs, turn buckles and come-along
- Align parts in relation to each other
- Tacks and welds foundation and structural members
- Perform layout work according to blueprint readings, ship terminology and different metals
- Operate high reaching equipment including; condors, sky climbers and scissor lift
- Set up tools and equipment
- Other related tasks assigned
- Minimum of 5 years of Marine Shipfitting Experience
- Must be US, Citizen, Naturalized Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must be able to pass Drug Screen and Background Check
- Have OSHA 10 Maritime, Firewatch, and Respirator Fit Certifications; TI does offer the OSHA course to qualified employees who have yet to obtain the certification
- Must be able to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Able to Work on any assigned shift
Tradesmen International not only offers consistent work, top pay, and employment opportunities, we also provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry.
Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Tradesmen+ Rewards Program – earn points for hours worked
- Vacation Pay
- Health insurance
- 401(k) profit-sharing savings plan
- Incentive programs
- Tool purchase programs & MORE!
Tradesmen International is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
Click here to visit Tradesmen’s full website.