Crowder is a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer
REQUIREMENTS: ALL Applicants must be:
- 18 years of Age
- Able to Pass a Drug Test
- Legally Eligible to Work in the US
- Additional Requirements for Craftworkers:
- Must have own transportation to and from jobsite every work day (driver's license not required)
- Must provide own hand tools (excluding power tools)
- May be expected to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities)
Primary function of an Iron Worker/Rigger: Raise, place, and unite girders, columns, and other structural-steel members to form completed structures or structure frameworks.
Typical Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Set up hoisting equipment for raising and placing structural steel members.
- Fasten steel members to hoisting equipment, using wire rope, slings, shackles, or lifting devices.
- Signal worker operating hoisting equipment to lift and place steel member.
- Pull, push, or pry steel member into approximate position while member is supported by hoisting device.
- Force members into final position using turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks, and hand tools.
- Align holes in member with corresponding holes in previously placed member by drift pins, bull pins, or handle wrench through holes.
- Verify vertical and horizontal alignment of members, using plumb bob and level.
- Bolt aligned members to keep them in position until they can be permanently bolted or welded in place.
- Cut and weld steel members to make alterations, using oxyacetylene torch for cutting and carbon electrodes welding.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Must have 4 years verifiable experience as an iron worker in industrial construction.
- Must have 2 years of Rigger experience.
- Able to visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Evaluate information based on measurable standards and see details in objects or drawings and recognize slight differences in shapes and shadings.
At the heart of Crowder’s Mission Statement is the commitment to “make a positive difference in the lives of our employees.” Our comprehensive benefits package is custom-designed to achieve that goal through access to the following benefits:
- Health Plans, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program with Incentives
- 401k Savings and Profit Sharing Plan with Matching Contributions
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Hospital Indemnity and Critical Illness
- Company Paid Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Crowder YOUniversity Career-Based Training
- Educational Assistance
- Direct Deposit
Benefits may vary based on position and length of employment
Click the Apply button above to be considered for the opening.