Location: Blytheville, AR
Pay Rate: Up to $29/Hour
Hours: 50/Hours Week
The Systems Group is looking for an energetic individual to be our next Pipefitter teammate. We are looking for someone to help with the day-to-day issues that pop up but to also be part of the big picture and contribute to the long-term strategy of our operations across the country. Our company mission statement is, “Engineered Solutions for a Safer, More Productive Steel Industry”. The person that we select for this position must believe in that mission and be committed to the success of our Blytheville Team which is a key component of our overall business.
We believe in giving people the opportunity to be successful which has resulted in us developing our “Keys to Success”: 1. TEAMMATES need to know expectations and have the information, materials, tools, equipment, and training to perform their jobs safely and productively. 2. Then TEAMMATES need to be held accountable. In a nutshell, we will give you the opportunity and what you need to be successful and then expect you to perform. We expect you to do the same with your Teammates. This job is not for the weak at heart or someone who wants to sit on the sidelines. You must be committed to Making a Difference.
Pipefitter Job Responsibilities:
- Selects type and size of pipe and related materials and equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to job specifications.
- Inspects the worksite to determine the presence of obstructions.
- Plans sequence on installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other workers.
- Cuts pipe using a reciprocating saw, pipe cutter, hammer and chisel, cutting torch and pipe cutting machine, and/or other small hand tools.
- Threads pipe using threading machine.
- Bends pipe by hand or with pipe-bending tools and machines.
- Mounts pipe hangers and brackets on walls and ceiling to hold pipe.
- Assembles and installs a variety of metal or nonmetal pipes and pipe fittings.
- Secures pipes to structure with bracket, clamps, and hangers, using hand and power tools.
- Performs minor maintenance of cleaning activities of tools and equipment.
- Observes and complies with all safety and project rules and all company policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as required.
Benefits – Company subsidized health insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, paid vacation, and opportunities for continuing education, such as NCCER certifications and our in-house Welding Training Program.
Pipefitter Qualifications / Skills:
- Always attentive to detail and alert to ensure safety
- Ability to receive and follow instructions and communicate with co-workers
- Ability to read labels, safety warnings, and guidelines
- Ability to calculate take-outs
Experience and Requirements:
- Pipefitting in an industrial setting is preferred
- OSHA Approved Met-Guard boots (annual company allowance provided)
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
So, do you think you have what it takes to join The Systems Family? Apply Now!