SpawGlass is a Texas-based commercial and civil contractor providing clients with the absolute best construction experience by operating based on the principles of the SpawGlass Way: Build Trust, Be Professional, Live Teamwork, Be Passionate, Think Like an Owner. The company was founded in 1953 by Louis Spaw and Frank Glass, hence the name SpawGlass. With seven offices across Texas, the company has approximately 800 employees statewide and is 100 percent employee-owned with ownership open to all employees.
The Carpenter Helper will assist the carpenter with formwork – build forms, block-out (install wood blocking), hang doors, set doorjambs, cabinet work, trim work.
Assist with door and hardware instillation
Assist with acoustical ceiling grid and tile installation
Assist sheetrock installation
Assist with finish carpentry and trim work
Assist with formwork, build forms, block-out and install wood blocking
Assist with cabinet work (set and hang components)
Model safe work practices, including wearing all PPE
Report all safety violations to supervisor
Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED preferred but not required
- No experience required, but basic carpentry knowledge preferred
- Ability to read safety information and write
- Valid first aid certificate (can be obtained upon employment)
- OSHA 10-Hour certification (can be obtained upon employment)
- You may be exposed to noise, dampness, heat, cold, dust, fumes (occasionally, but always well-ventilated), chemicals (will work with, but normally won’t work in a chemical environment) and confined spaces (on occasion).
- 50% of the day is spent standing, 50% walking.
- 50% of work is inside (usually not air conditioned).
- 50% of work is outside. Temperatures range from 25º to 115ºF.
Essential Job Functions:
- You must be able to twist, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, climb stairs, walk on uneven ground, work above ground on scaffolds, see colors to read Hazcom labeling on containers, have depth perception to avoid excavations and other hazards, hear well enough to recognize the sound of horns on moving equipment and have good finger manipulation.
- There is constant lifting of 10 lbs and under, frequent lifting of 25 lbs and maximum single person lifting of 60 lbs. For items over 60 lbs get assistance from co-worker is required. Lifting entails reaching at, above and below shoulder height.
- Employee should be able to climb on light or heavy equipment, carry and use hand tools.
Types of Tools Used:
- Electric saws, drills, Hilti gun (or other powder activated tools, punch hammer, screwdriver, handsaw, sledge hammer (10-pound
- You will be required to wear puncture resistant footwear, long pants and four- inch sleeves on shirts. PPE (hard hat, safety glasses, etc.) is required. All safety appliances (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, ear plugs, fall protection, adequate ventilation, etc.) will be provided.
SpawGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.