- Provides mechanical engineering support to facilities design and operations.
- Provides discipline technical support during the project FEL process for new and/or revamp projects.
- Provides technical support for problem solving and development of recommendations to reduce or eliminate failures.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in applicable codes in order to utilize the latest available technology.
- Assists in the design, layout, testing, and evaluation of mechanical and electro-mechanical devices or systems
- Provides support for design and/or modification of hardware in production.
- Oversees technical studies.
- Supports supply chain in mechanical system and equipment procurement activities.
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Senior level, typically 7-10 years of experience.
- Understands advanced aspects of discipline and is viewed as an expert in a given field.
- Applies broad range of competencies to develop solutions to complex problems
- Influences others to achieve objectives.
- Often provides specialized/technical/functional guidance to others within department and/or business asset.
ADDITIONAL Required competencies / skills:
- Proven experience performing pipe stress and flexibility analyses, preferably using AutoPIPE software
- Familiarity with DOT, ADEC, and SPCC regulations
- Knowledge of ASME B31.3, 31.4, and 31.8 piping codes
- Knowledge of API piping inspection and repair (570)
- BS Degree in mechanical engineering
- Professional Mechanical Engineer License in Alaska (preferred)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.