Education Requirements: Pursuing a degree in Business, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, or closely related field.
Experience Requirements: Prior work experience and understanding of business processes in manufacturing and/or complex systems (such as MRP) preferred.
Position Summary: Responsible for documenting, in a visual and flowchart style, the business process of the Company’s future Supply Chain organization. This will require the intern to understand the new organizational design, acquire a basic understanding of the systems used, and establish strong relationships and communication with people across all 6 “Focus Areas” of the Supply Chain project.
Essential Job Functions
- Documents current process flows to establish the gap between today’s processes and the projected processes of the future, so the organization understands what requirements must be fulfilled to achieve the department design.
- Assists in establishing the standards and educational tools needed for all members of the department and supported departments to understand the process of the new department.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Good in small groups.
- Independent, inquisitive, and creative. Can visualize converting words into flowcharts.
- Ability to multi-task and can take instructions from multiple sources and reconcile/balance the needs.
- Can work successfully in an evolving/fluid project environment.
- Proficiency with computer software including: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Previous experience with Visio preferred.