Lake Charles, LA
Specializes in mechanical equipment, piping, valves and insulation and is primarily responsible for providing technical direction and expertise of mechanical system activities associated with the Cameron LNG project. The role will provide technical support and direction during the execution of commissioning and startup activities ensuring the design aspect of the project are intact in preparation for commercial operations.
The Mechanical Engineer will provide support, guidance, and oversight to the EPC contractor and provide support to other disciplines as required, and ensure the communication between various departments to support mechanical equipment operations.
· Expert for all Mechanical design and equipment for the Owner
· Owner’s representative for all interfaces with Mechanical equipment
· Manages assigned phases of the commissioning and startup for Rotating equipment, valves and piping associated with LNG project.
· Perform SUC walk downs, PSSR and safety review walk downs and punch verification.
· Review schedules and provide feedback to help expedite commissioning activities.
· Coordinates the design as well as preparation of data, documentation, reports and schedules required to support construction, commissioning and turnover of the project.
· Manages consultants and contractors in the preparation and evaluation of equipment performance and site tests as well as critical evaluation of results.
· Monitors and provides project status updates to project management and project development including relevant conditions and activities that may impact the development, completion or performance of project and facilities.
· Works closely with contractors to ensure effective performance and proper quality of equipment installed.
· Provides appropriate direction and guidance of internal contributing by performing as a liaison within the E&C Department.
· Participates and occasionally leads studies associated with specific technological developments and ad-hoc special technical studies as may be requested.
· Ensures the specification and design requirements of both cold and hot insulation are adhered to.
· Independently works and executes the tasks assigned with minimum supervision and guidance.
· Previous experience with Piping systems and process is a plus.
· Requires a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering. At least 10 years of experience in place of bachelor’s degree.
· Requires a minimum of 12-15 year experience in the energy industry especially in commissioning and start up. Experience in LNG Liquefaction is an advantage.
· Strong background in all aspects of Mechanical Engineering design rules and specifications
· Strong Knowledge of mechanical equipment such as rotating equipment , heat exchangers, valves, structures and piping including installation, operation and maintenance.
· Experience in insulation specifications, application methods and construction techniques for both hot and cold
· Strong technical management abilities with effective project management and leadership skills
· Good communicator and Initiative taker
· Strong decision-making and problem-solving abilities to analyze data, identify issues, recommend, develop, and implement solutions.
· Should have proven experience with Gas turbine, gas compressors and process pump applications, especially about commissioning and start up on LNG / Ethylene plants.
· Strong skills with vibration data analysis, performance analysis, equipment surge testing equipment alignment and control system interface.
· Strong ability to understand and communicate issues about dry gas seals, mechanical seals and bearings.
· Possess in-depth knowledge of construction techniques and practices in the energy, natural gas and/or petroleum industries.
· Ability to organize, plan, control, coordinate, and effectively manage cross-functional assignments and projects.
· Familiar with construction processes and project controls to achieve time, budget and quality metrics
· Sufficient computer literacy to provide quantitative and written reports (MS word and power point, MS Excel).