TRS is seeking an Steel Mill Melt Shop Equipment Engineer for a direct-hire position in Greenville, SC!
We are seeking an experienced Steel Mill Equipment Engineer that will be a key resource in the development of front end engineering activities. This candidate would be responsible for, as a minimum:
• Translation of client product requirements into OEM equipment applications and sizing
• Owner and OEM collaboration in development of an optimized plant layout utilizing current technologies
• Development of system layout including material flows, equipment utilization, scrap handling, crane utilization, and operator optimization
• Development of baseline project documents including equipment costs, estimates, schedules, and facility and services written scopes
• Perform front end studies such as cost vs. benefit analysis to determine most cost effective system application and layout
• Development of Steel Mill equipment, equipment and system technical specifications, and design criteria
• Develop equipment specifications, data sheets, and narratives to support the procurement of OEM equipment
• Develop Requisitions, perform bid analysis of OEM quotes, and finalize purchasing documents.
• Review OEM designs to ensure compliance with specification requirements
• Coordinate design activities with the associated disciplines and construction
• Serve as a technical lead and mentor to other engineers in a collaborative environment
• Other duties as assigned
Basic Job Requirements
• Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in engineering field of study and sixteen (16) years of work-related experience; a recognized professional certification or registration in the applicable field, if required; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• 6 years steel mill experience, including operations and maintenance
• Understanding of, and experience with, steel rolling mill operations and maintenance
• Ability to interface and communicate with Owners and OEM Suppliers
• Capable of basic Project Management including scope, schedule, and staffing from conceptual stages of a project through final baseline; scheduling and planning of equipment acquisition and installation; Quality Assurance and Safety in design and procurement of equipment.
• Ideal candidate with have an engineering background with significant applications experience in system layouts.
• Candidate will be able to accommodate project travel as requiredPreferred
• Understanding of, and experience with, steel melt shop operations and maintenance
• Experience with:
• Scrap handling
• Ingot casting
• Strip casting
• Scheduling concepts for planning of equipment acquisition and installation