Crowder is a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer
REQUIREMENTS: ALL Applicants must be:
- 18 years of Age
- Able to Pass a Drug Test
- Legally Eligible to Work in the US
- Additional Requirements for Craftworkers:
- Must have own transportation to and from jobsite every work day (driver's license not required)
- Must provide own hand tools (excluding power tools)
- May be expected to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities)
Primary function of a Concrete Finisher Helper Laborer:
Assist concrete crews with the following: Place and finish surfaces of poured concrete, such as floors, walks, sidewalks, roads, or curbs using a variety of hand tools. Place concrete for walls and footings. Grind and rub hardened concrete to a uniform surface.
Typical Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist concrete and other onsite crews as needed.
- Move discharge chute of truck to direct concrete into forms then spread, level, and smooth concrete, using a rake, come along, shovel, hand, or power trowel, hand or power screed, and float; rough surface with a broom if plan call for it.
- Set forms that hold concrete to the desired pitch, grade, depth.
- Check forms that hold the concrete to see that they are properly constructed.
- Chip, scrape, and grind high spots, ridges, and rough projections to finish concrete by using pneumatic chisels, power grinders, and/or hand tools.
- Mold expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge.
- Monitor how the wind, heat, or cold affect the curing of the concrete throughout the entire process.
- Utilize concrete vibrators to consolidate concrete.
- Must be safety minded and adhere to all safety policies.
- Complete all additional duties as required by supervisor.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Must be able to respond quickly to supervisors directions due to the concrete setting up.
- Verify equipment and materials are used properly, and report unsafe conditions to management.
At the heart of Crowder’s Mission Statement is the commitment to “make a positive difference in the lives of our employees.” Our comprehensive benefits package is custom-designed to achieve that goal through access to the following benefits:
- Health Plans, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program with Incentives
- 401k Savings and Profit Sharing Plan with Matching Contributions
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Hospital Indemnity and Critical Illness
- Company Paid Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Crowder YOUniversity Career-Based Training
- Educational Assistance
- Direct Deposit
Benefits may vary based on position and length of employment.
Click the Apply button above to be considered for the opening.