Casey Industrial provides multi-craft process installations across the continental USA in the Power Generation, Industrial, and Biofuels markets. We are well-known for providing cost-effective, complete, and timely installations constructed in a collaborative relationship with clients who value our unwavering focus on safe work and quality work practices. Casey Industrial, founded in 1947, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MasTec, Inc., a publicly-traded, minority-controlled corporation. With its global infrastructure, MasTec, Inc. serves a variety of markets, including Power Generation, Oil & Gas, Transmission and Distribution, Renewable Energy, and Telecommunications.
At Casey Industrial, we are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the best talent. No matter your role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to our success as we deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Required to install, modify, and repair new and existing pipe systems and equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform Journeyman level Pipefitter work.
- Read and interpret measuring tools such as, tape measure, speed square, framing square…etc. In order to perform task accurately.
- Read and interpret project plans, blue prints, and other written instructions and diagrams in order to perform tasks accurately.
- Fully Understand Plant North and drawing coordinates.
- Read and Understand Isometric and Ortho drawings as well as P&ID’s.
- Be able to “Red-Line” Drawings. Draw ISO’s.
- Plan, lay-out, install, test, repair and perform all types of pipe fitting and fabrication work in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes, and industry standards, including but not limited to various pipe supports and materials.
- Install valves, couplings and other fittings; disassemble and remove damaged or worn pipe, etc.
- Use appropriate hand (i.e. wrap around) and power tools (i.e. grinders) to fit and install all types of pipe and/or similar tubular products; have working knowledge of all types of pipe and piping systems, including butt welded, socket welded, threaded, Victaulic, grooved, glued and fused joints;
- Produce quality work, meeting requirements of plans, specifications and industry standards.
- Closely interact with the installation crews for movement of materials and equipment.
- Understand and implement lockout/tagout procedures in a safe manner.
- Perform daily safety checks to ensure equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Complete necessary documentation, reporting, and limited office duties.
- Work in other crafts at levels appropriate to training and skills as requested by project. supervision. Must have the ability to take direction from a higher skilled worker or foreman.
- Must have basic knowledge of the construction processes involved in heavy industrial construction.
- Support project with other tasks as directed by supervision.
- A Master Journeyman must be able to direct a small crew and/or mentor Journeyman and Helpers.
- Communicate with Foreman regarding any problems arising, materials required, or any hazards noted.
- Ability to work different shifts and overtime as required.
- Work under production schedule pressure.
- Attain set standards of accuracy.
- Be able to perform duties in a safe manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Journeyman: a minimum of four years’ experience in craft.
- Master Journeyman: a minimum of four years’ experience in craft as well as an approved certification in applicable craft such as; NCCER.
- Each employee must provide Safety Toe Boots
- Each employee is required to provide their own set of appropriate/approved hand tools and personal tools, per the Casey Tool List, needed to preform daily tasks as required. The Company will provide all power tools and personal safety gear.
- Follow all state, company, client, OSHA, and federal guidelines regarding health and safety.
- Each employee is to practice and maintain good “House Keeping” by cleaning up their work area and jobsite after each task.
- Work up to a 12-hour shift doing hard physical work in varying temperatures and outside conditions.
- May need to maintain physical strength and stamina; Use arms, hands, and legs fully; Push, pull, and frequently lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds; and stoop, kneel, balance, crouch, crawl, and climb to perform job tasks.
- Stamina to perform this task repetitively and continuously for several hour intervals.
- Uncontrolled environmental conditions: Constant change in weather and site conditions.
- This work environment may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to- safety toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.).
- Move in and around confined, cluttered, and uneven areas.
- May need to work at heights and must be able to abide by all safety and fall-protection requirements; must be able to wear and utilize all safety equipment required for work at heights.
- Evaluate information based on measurable standards; and see details in objects or drawings and recognize slight differences in shapes and shadings.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from drawings.
- Keep good balance and work at heights.
- See well (either naturally or with correction).
- Hear well (either naturally or with correction.)
- Coordinate the use of eyes, hands, and feet.
This position is a Full-Time position scheduled to work typically 50 hours per week. Schedule is subject to projects requirements.
Travel required up to 90%. Position requires presence directly on the Project Site location with intermittent travel to residence of record.
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Supplemental benefits, 401k, Employee stock purchase plan (ESPP).
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.