Mullins Mechanical is a leader in industrial and large commercial mechanical, plumbing, HVAC construction projects. Our projects are often in the industrial and manufacturing environments, such as manufacturing facilities, automotive plants, chemical plants, distribution centers, warehouses, and other large commercial facilities. We are a self-performing specialty contractor specializing in design-build applications, HVAC systems, plumbing, process piping systems, boiler and chiller systems, equipment installation and rigging, plant relocation and maintenance, and metal fabrication.
We are looking for experienced Pipefitters to join our team for a project in Eden, NC.
- Around 90 days worth of work. Expected to start within 2 weeks. May lead to future opportunities with Mullins.
- Expected work schedule is 2, 12 hour shifts per day, 6 days a week.
- Pay rate is $28-$33/Hr, based on your score on a Pipefitters Test.
- Per diem is authorized, based on mileage.
- Selects type and size of pipe and related materials and equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to job specifications.
- Inspects worksite to determine presence of obstructions.
- Plans sequence on installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other workers.
- Cuts pipe using hacksaw, pipe cutter, hammer and chisel, cutting torch and pipe cutting machine.
- Threads pipe using threading machine.
- Bends pipe by hand or with pipe-bending tools and machine.
- Mounts pipe hangers and brackets on walls and ceiling to hold pipe.
- Assembles and installs a variety of metal or nonmetal pipes and pipe fittings, using threaded caulked, soldering, brazen, fused, or cemented joints, and hand tools.
- Secures pipes to structure with bracket, clamps, and hangers, using hand and power tools.
- Installs and maintains refrigeration and air conditioning systems, including compressors, pumps, meter, pneumatic and hydraulic controls, and piping.
- Tests piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
- Welds pipe supports to structural steel members.
- Observes production machines in assigned area of manufacturing facility to detect machinery malfunctions.
- Loads, transports, and unloads material, tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Performs minor maintenance of cleaning activities of tools and equipment.
- Observes and complies with all safety and project rules and all company policies and procedures
- Required to work at height out of aerial lift and operate powered equipment
- Performs other duties as required.
- Per Diem $100/day for days worked when more than 70 miles from your home
- Full Time Permanent Position, Benefits, 401k with company Match, PTO, Health Insurance, Life Insurance.
Work Location: Mullins Mechanical office located in Eden, NC.