- Under general supervision, performs routine manual packaging and receiving functions and clerical duties related to the shipment and/or receipt of materials, supplies, equipment, services and finished products.
- receives material on receiving dock delivered by freight carriers.
- Opens cartons and crates, visually inspects inspects and counts contents.
- Processes receipts through MRP system per procedure.
- Delivers received material to receiving inspection and files paperwork.Ø Shipping function
- Processes shipments per instructions on shipping documents.
- Orders shipping supplies
- Processes shipments through MRP system per procedure
- High school education with a minimum of 2 years experience in shipping/receiving.
- Must have experience with FedEx and UPS on-line shipping systemsMust have military packaging experience
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.Knowledge of basic industry shipping & receiving functions
- Knowledge of electro static senitive device (ESD) handlingKnowledge of military packaging (MIL-STD-2073)
- Must be skilled in FedEx and UPS on-line shipment processing.
- Must be able to interact proffesionally with personnel from other departments.
- Must be able to read, write and have adequate mathematical skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks