Arcosa Specialty Materials is searching for a Heavy Equipment Operator for our Carson City, NV plant. In this role you, will support a positive safety culture within an open pit mining operation that is regulated by MSHA safety standards. As a Heavy Equipment Operator, you will operate multiple types of mining equipment.
Arcosa Specialty Materials is a leading producer and distributor in the Western and Southwestern U.S. of lightweight and natural aggregates, including expanded shale and clay, crushed stone, sand and gravel, asphalt rock, and other products.
What You'll Do:
• Comply with all industry and MSHA safety rules, procedures and applicable government regulations
• Perform equipment inspections
• Operate multiple pieces of equipment, such as 780 Hundai to 922 CAT Loaders, John Deere 800 Excavator, CAT D9L High track Dozer, Champion 740A Blade, and 40 to 50 ton Articulating and Rigid Frame Haul Trucks, as well as Crushing Plant operation
• Load product and overburden in open pit mine
• Attend scheduled departmental and safety meetings
• Other duties as assigned
What You'll Need:
• Prompt, regular, and predictable attendance
• The ability to stand, stoop, bend, lift, walk, climb stairs, ladders, and catwalks up to 60 feet as required and lift weights up to 60 pounds. The ability to work in a varied outdoor environment (cold, hot, dry, dusty, rainy)
• 3+ years preferred heavy equipment experience in mining or construction environment
• Must have good mechanical abilities
• Good communication skills and ability to follow directions
• Welding experience, helpful but not required
• MSHA certification (we will train)
• This job is performed in the open pit mine and crushing plant in a mining and production environment.
• While performing job duties there is regular exposure to moderate to loud noise levels, fine dust, vibration and moving mechanical parts.
• $24.33 - $25.86 / hr
• Local site plan incentive target of 5%
Arcosa is proud to offer competitive benefits and programs to help you and your family meet your healthcare and retirement planning needs. The various benefits offered to employees based on eligibility may include:
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• Paid vacation and sick time
• 401k with Employer Match
• 11 paid Company holidays
• Life Insurance
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Tuition reimbursement
• Health & Wellness Programs
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Employee Discount Programs
• Professional Training and Development Programs