Skilled Trades Services, an Industry leader in construction staffing has upcoming needs for commercial Sheet Metal DUCT INSTALLERS & Apprentices for commercial HVAC Duct Installation project in Davidson, NC
LOCAL candidates ONLY need apply! Unqualified workers need not apply!
***NOTE: If you have NO experience as an HVAC Duct Installer (either apprentice level through journeyman level) please DON'T respond to the ad. It does nothing but take away our time weeding through unqualified candidates. If you would like to send us a resume for other possible positions, send your resume
- Read blueprints and specification to determine the scope of work: locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
- Identify all tools required for tasks.
- Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
- Prepare, fabricate and install commercial duct work to specifications.
- Install hangars, supports, according to plans and applicable specifications.
- Hoist loads using slings, chains, shackles, hooks, cables, and other rigging equipment.
- Experienced installing VAV's, rectangular, square and spiral duct work.
- Experience in refrigerant piping, duct installation, and gas piping.
- Demonstrated industrial construction/maintenance history experience.
- Ability to read prints and construction drawings.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and manufacturers manuals and instructions.
- Journeyman must have 8-10 years experience with commercial sheet metal duct installation.
- Top-Helpers must have 5-8 years experience with commercial sheet metal duct installation.
- Apprentices - 3-5 years experience with commercial sheet metal duct installation.
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Good aptitude and manual dexterity.
- Good reading comprehension.
- Ability to work with others -- team player.
- Ability to work independently -- minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors.
- Must be capable of working out side in the elements including but not limited to the heat, cold, rain, and wind; and must be able to work for long period of times up to 12 hours a day.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Verifiable employment eligibility via E-Verify.
- Possess all hand tools of the trade.