At CEC, our culture is more than words — it is visible in each person’s commitment to excellence and integrity. The CEC family brings the company’s values to life while delivering amazing outcomes. We pride ourselves on hiring people with passion, talent, a collaborative spirit, and a drive to succeed both individually and as a team.
We are in need of LICENSED Journeymen for a large project in The Phoenix, AZ area. As a Journeyman Electrician, you will be responsible for performing commercial/industrial electrical work consisting of installation, alterations, additions and repairs of electrical systems, conductors and associated materials and equipment within the electrical construction industries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Analyzes blue prints, schematics, and drawings of electrical systems to ensure proper and efficient installation.
- Plans layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures based on job specifications, local building codes, and safety guidelines.
- Prepares work area and ensures tools, material, and equipment needed are present for work to be completed.
- Continually works safe to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Connects wiring and equipment per code and job specification.
- Performs duties and operates equipment as permissible by license status and proper training.
- Inspects electrical systems, equipment, and components to ensure compliance with codes and specifications to identify hazards, defects, and necessary adjustments/repairs to ensure a safe work environment.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses cause of electrical problems and corrects equipment and/or repairs system as needed.
- Works with assigned foreman, coworkers, and other job site workers to complete electrical work properly and efficiently.
- Monitors electrical work of Apprentice Electricians to ensure electrical work is completed properly and satisfactorily based on job specifications and code requirements.
- Trains and guides Apprentice Electricians to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring and equipment.
- Advises foreman and/or site management of hazardous conditions.
- Participates in meetings and trainings as assigned.
- Prepares written materials to document activities and log information as required by the job site or Company procedures.
- Provides assistance during emergencies to resolve immediate safety concerns
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other related duties as assigned to ensure efficient and effective processes, completion of projects and smooth operation of department.
Education and Experience
- Current Journeyman Electrician License (must be licensed in TX or reciprocal state as defined by TX licensing agency).
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Minimum 4 years prior experience performing electrical work in a commercial or industrial construction environment.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Valid Driver's License and own reliable transportation.
- Excellent working knowledge of the Building Codes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must meet attendance standards and comply with late/absence notification procedures.
- Must be able to pass drug and background check.
- Travel up to 15% may be required based on company needs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May work inside or outside. Possible exposure to hot and cold temperatures, in all-weather elements such as rain, heat, cold and snow. This position also requires work at extreme heights, in areas that are under construction, or in restricted areas such as a switchgear room, manhole, utility tunnel, crawl space, or attic, in confined spaces, and on slippery or uneven surfaces; works on ladders, scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks, in ditches and excavations; works in and around single and multi-story buildings with all exposures typical of a heavy construction site, including portable sanitary facilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull and reach overhead.
- Lift 51 pounds, routinely. Constantly move about on the feet.
- Climb ladders of all types.
- Complete full day assignments involving overhead work.
- Must be able to make transition from employee parking area or street into construction work areas and to access all levels of the building, even if the only means of access is by O.S.H.A. approved site construction ladder or stairs still under construction, but acceptable for use.
- Must be capable of securing tools and materials from storage areas to complete assigned tasks. Possess good vision, normal or corrected.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Possess good hearing, normal or corrected.
- Must be able to positively identify different colors of wiring. Wear personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses, safety vest) at all times.
- Must be able to work 8 hours a day, 40 hours per week, and overtime as required and night shifts, as needed. This position requires flexible work hours. In order to get a project completed on time, this position may be required to work overtime, weekends, and night shifts.
- Must be able to work in the presence of customers and their representatives with little or no interference or disruption to the customer while maintaining a professional and courteous image.
CEC Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our policy to attract and retain the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, status as a military veteran, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.