Primary function is to continually improve the quality and delivery of supplied components through quality improvement initiatives implemented within the supply base. Works to develop the supply chain and insure that supplier’s processes and products meet the requirements of IFA Rotorion North America and its customers. This position will be responsible for assessing and improving the quality of incoming goods through development of receiving inspection strategies, supplier ratings, corrective action initiation and follow-up (8D’s), and supplier development.
- Develop receiving inspection plans for incoming goods and insure implementation.
- Create & administer a procedure for “Line Calls”.
- Coordinates and oversees sorting activities to insure continuous operation in production.
- Obtains appropriate APQP documentation (i.e. PPAP’s, PSW’s, FMEA’s, etc.) for supplied parts.
- Works with supplier organizations to improve processes and products supplied to IFA Rotorion North America.
- Assess supplier performance relative to quality and delivery issues.
- Obtains corrective action plans (interim & long term) when non-conformances are discovered.
- Develop and distribute Supplier Quality reports.
- Organize and maintain non-conforming goods area.
- Establish and/or maintain certification requirements for suppliers.
- Works closely with Logistics staff regarding supplier delivery and quality issues.
- Work with Finance dept. to insure proper “charge backs” to the suppliers.
- Interprets company policies to workforce and enforces safety regulations.
- Supports lean manufacturing practices such as 5S, kanban, poka-yoke, visual management, 1-piece flow, etc.
- Works together with others to obtain/maintain ISO/TS 16949 and other quality requirements.
- Travels as necessary to perform job function.
- Develops goals/objectives and defines metrics to measure performance to the goal.
- Has the authority to hold and/or stop product shipments if it does not conform to the quality requirements. Has the authority to override any decisions made to ship non-conforming product
All employees are responsible for having an awareness and understanding of Rotorion North America’s commitment to ISO 14001
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or technical field
- 3-5 years related experience.
- Basic familiarity with automotive tier 1 supply requirements.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Prior experience in a quality assurance function.
- High level of energy and enthusiasm
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills (oral and writing)
- Ability and willingness to travel (including international).
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- High level of mechanical aptitude.
Desired – Education/Skills/Experience:
- German language skills (reading, writing, speaking).
- Knowledge of ISO/TS 16949 requirements.
- Knowledge of automotive driveline components.
- Familiarity with SAP R/3 enterprise system.
- Prior experience with an automotive supplier.
- Prior experience with a start-up operation.
- ASQ affiliation and certification.