Revere is currently seeking Industrial Electricians for a 4-6 month project in the southern Birmingham region. This position is responsible for layout, managing, and performing work in the assembly, installation, testing, and maintenance of electrical and instrumentation installations in industrial facilities. As the Electrical Foreman, you are on-site and will be visible to the customer at any given time. It is important, therefore, that you are not only technically capable but also professional and courteous. You must be able to layout daily/weekly work and manage a crew of 4-8 electricians/apprentices to safely complete tasks in a timely manner.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work independently and provide supervision to follow drawings and written procedures to install conduit, cable tray, other raceways, electrical switches, electrical equipment, control panels, controls, circuit breakers, wires, lights, and other electrical parts in accordance with the National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Diagnose electrical problems using diagrams or schematics.
- Inspect, troubleshoot, and conduct tests.
- Ensure tools and equipment are safe and in proper working order prior to use.
- Maintain safety practices and procedures.
- Provide training and comply with applicable jobsite, OSHA, MSHA, or other safety requirements.
- Maintain good relationships with customers, suppliers and employees, and work well with others.
- Comply with all safety standards and regulations of the National Electrical Code.
- Train/Mentor Journeyman Electricians and Electrical Apprentices
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Journeyman Electrician License or two (2) year technical degree preferred.
- Must be reliable, detail oriented, and willing to work hard and follow directions
- Seven (7) years’ experience in electrical and instrumentation installation
- Must have good communication skills.
- Fluent in the NEC and state/city specific requirements
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade; ability to follow proper methods, procedures, and safety precautions of line work.
- Demonstrates the willingness and the ability to learn new techniques/procedures.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Typical hours are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Longer hours, evenings and weekend work will be necessary.