Tradesmen International is looking for qualified Structual Welder for a project in East Boothbay. If you are interested please send your updated resume, contact information and an questions to Craig at
Duration- Long Term
Hours- 40+ per week
Scope-Structual Welder, Welder, Welding
Support production needs by performing various weld and finish operations involved with structural frame and hull plates and accessory foundations and fixtures.
· To perform the primary job requirements satisfactorily and safely.
· Connects and assures proper grounding to obtain amperage and voltage required.
· Manually guides electrode or gun along weld line, maintaining length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead, as judged from color of metal, sound of weld and size of molten puddle.
· Sets the weld machine to correct setting for the weld application.
· Capable of welding in flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead positions.
· Cleans metal joint to assure a quality weld.
· Chips off excessive weld, slag and spatter.
· Capable of effectively burning/cutting various metal pieces as necessary.
Must be able to gain required welding certifications supporting ABS standards.
· Understand weld sequencing concepts to minimize distortion.
· Properly use sucker tubes to collect fumes and dust particles associated with welding.
· All other duties and tasks as assigned.
2-5 years of welding experience within a commercial or industrial environment (marine experience preferred).
Flux Core .052 ¾’ all position test, stick, mig and tig welding and carbon arc gouging skill experience preferred.
Vocational school training or other equivalent OJT training desired.
Strong mechanical aptitude with fundamental understanding of various shipbuilding practices.
Ability to read blue prints and schematic drawings.
Ability to follow detailed directions.
Must have strong commitment towards safety and working safe.
Must have good interpersonal skills and ability to get along with various personnel and work as a member of a team.
Must be an effective communicator with direct work leader and supervisor.