Responsible for installation of electrical systems to project specifications under the direction of Electrical Journeyman and Foreman.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Installations of Raceway Systems to meet project production standards
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles, and installs electrical conduit; weld supports; install cable and duct banks
- May be required to pull wire through conduit; connect wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment
- Installation of small electrical equipment and supports
- Work with limited supervision.
- Read and understand basic electrical blueprints
- Perform Terminations low and medium voltage
- Attend safety meetings and complete safety paperwork on a daily basis
- Demonstrate safety as a top priority
- Able to comply and utilize National Electric Code (NEC)
- Understanding of Electrical Systems (low and high voltage)
- Learn project specifications and install electrical system to those standards
- Look for ways to improve safety, quality, and productivity
- Install systems in a neat and workman like manner
- Meet Superintendent Expectations and quality standards
- Promote and comply with all Company and safety policies and procedures
- Never walk by an unsafe act
- Attend all training available onsite to understand new tools, equipment, and work procedures
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Complete 3 years of State Approved Electrical Apprenticeship Program
- Minimum one (1) years’ experience working on electrical projects industrial projects, including 6000 – 8000 On the job Training hours
- Ability to demonstrate basic industrial safety practices / protocols including LOTO
- Experience using basic power and hydraulic tools
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Able to perform tasks as directed by Journeyman or limited Supervision as needed
- Understand Electrical Schematics
Wanzek construction offers an extensive and competitive benefit package that includes, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401 (k), and paid time off. Salary depends upon experience: $30/ hour.
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Licenses & Certifications
To qualify for per diem:
100 miles from the jobsite for per diem and travel in.
Travel is .41 / mile
Travel out if they get their ROF or transfer.