Our team is dedicated to placing the best workers in the best positions!
We are currently seeking Facility Mechanic to work 2 nd Shift in Norfolk Virginia. To be considered for this opportunity, you must have a minimum 3 years experience in the shipyard.
- Able to obtain a Government facility security pass (DBIDS)
- Must pass drug test and E-Verify.
- Must understand the layout of the ship and compartment identification Basic reading, writing and math skills required
- Personal Protective Equipment:
Hard Hat, Steel Toe Safety Boots, Safety Glasses, Gloves
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Will need close supervision. Should have the ability to progress for advancement.
- Repairs and maintains in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operations manuals and manufactures specifications machinery and mechanical equipment such as air compressors, fire pumps, metal shears, band saws, drill presses and other production equipment.
- Should be able to make a diagnosis of machinery and equipment to determine problems and make proper repairs, whether the equipment is manually, air hydraulically or electrically operated. Be capable of using measuring instruments such as rules calipers and micrometers. Have some experience in operation of power tools, lathes, drill presses, band saws, grinders and other equipment to be effective and efficient in repairing equipment.
- Possesses some skill and experience in building maintenance and repairs including boilers.
- Experience in burning and welding would be helpful. In addition, knowledge and experience in temporary service going aboard navy vessels would be a plus.
A limited benefit plan is available to Hutco, Inc. Employees through Essential Staff Care. Available plans include:
- Medical / Prescription
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Short Term Disability Benefits
- Term Life Benefits
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefit
CONTACT HUTCO TODAY!